Center Spot Sheetcam Post

More
12 Sep 2019 04:08 #144897 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Center Spot Sheetcam Post
From what I can gather the 'good' side of the cut is the right hand side so for inside cuts go anti-clockwise and outside go clockwise.

What sort of relay do you use for the torch on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 04:11 #144898 by thefabricator03

More
12 Sep 2019 04:22 #144899 by thefabricator03
With the relay switching time, I slowed the motion speed down to about 400 and it was crawling along but it still would not spot the second hole. It must of took about 20 seconds to go from the first spot to the second.

More
12 Sep 2019 04:30 #144900 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Center Spot Sheetcam Post
Well I just recompiled and thought I'd try too but I get an error "Could not Find Tool Table" but it does not tell me the file name its looking for.

I also went to run the configurator to upgrade and it did not seem to do anything after selecting a file (did not close back to the main screen). Thats probably OK as I upgraded the other day after the spotting was added. So if you guys can share a tool table and tell me what the name its looking for I will weigh in too.

More
12 Sep 2019 04:33 - 12 Sep 2019 04:34 #144901 by thefabricator03
In sheetcam you need to have a tool called Center Spot. I created that tool and re-uploaded the tool table to PlasmaC.

Edit Please see attache for my tool post.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2019 04:34 by thefabricator03.

More
12 Sep 2019 04:43 #144902 by rodw
Stefan, thanks. Its actually the Linuxcnc tooltable with your offsets in it as the error is coming from iocontrol.

More
12 Sep 2019 04:54 - 12 Sep 2019 04:56 #144903 by phillc54
Well that relay is a lot quicker than required...

In hindsight this may not have been the best way to do spotting. We are relying on the plasma machine to react to a torch instantly and also consistently, are they all able to do that?

If you remember JTknives spotting, it looked really good. He is using 'soft' Arc OK and had his OK Low voltage set reasonably low (I don't know what value).

Maybe instead of using a timed pulse we should leave the torch on until a certain voltage has been reached. Make that voltage the user adjustable setting rather than time.

Last edit: 12 Sep 2019 04:56 by phillc54.

More
12 Sep 2019 05:28 #144904 by rodw
Well got to the bottom of the problem. Somehow all of the symlinks in my config folder were broken so I copied them across from my backup folder!. NOt sure how to reinstate a link to plasmac.hal so had to copy it across.

So sorted it all out and cut the part but the spotting happens at whatever height the torch is at and it did not turn on at all.

So I'm not convinced you should change anything until we are all on the same page.

More
12 Sep 2019 05:33 #144905 by phillc54

Well got to the bottom of the problem. Somehow all of the symlinks in my config folder were broken so I copied them across from my backup folder!. NOt sure how to reinstate a link to plasmac.hal so had to copy it across.

from your config folder:
ln -s path/to/plasmac.hal

So sorted it all out and cut the part but the spotting happens at whatever height the torch is at and it did not turn on at all

do you have a small X or Y motion like here

So I'm not convinced you should change anything until we are all on the same page.

Nah, just throwin' some ideas around...

More
12 Sep 2019 05:37 #144906 by thefabricator03
I got it to work for my job by stopping and starting the program at each point,

The spot pecks are very accurate, I drill out the peck and all my holes line up perfectly,

Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds