Material Settings Glitch

More
14 Jun 2020 22:20 #171652 by snowgoer540
Went boating for the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to try out the file with the number lines removed until now. It seems to work with the file you provided. I tried and tried, but couldn't get it to glitch like before. So seems probable that the line numbers caused the problems. At any rate, it seems like the latest update fixes that, so thanks again Phill!

Only one thing I did notice:
When you call the material that is already selected in the panel, it waits the full 2 seconds for some reason. I checked and double checked this, if I start with a material other than what will be called selected, it starts and cuts right away. If I select the material that is going to get called, it waits the full amount of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2020 23:04 #171653 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Material Settings Glitch
I wonder if the M66 is waiting for something that never happens becasue the entry is loaded already?
Maybe the system should check if the current tool is loaded before accessing the materials dict and return the OK signal straight away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
15 Jun 2020 08:18 - 15 Jun 2020 08:19 #171702 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Material Settings Glitch
I have done some changes and just completed some testing that indicates we may not need to use the wait with M66, I have yet to have it fail using the immediate mode (M66 P3 L0).

I used a materials file with 500 materials and ran a gcode file with 20 material changes.

I will check tomorrow to make sure the changes don't break current configs/gcode and hopefully post them.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2020 08:19 by phillc54.

More
15 Jun 2020 08:31 #171706 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Material Settings Glitch
Surely though if you tell it to wait for 1-2 seconds, and if it does it immediately, you are not holding anything up at all. the M66 will return as soon as a signal is there.

More
15 Jun 2020 08:39 #171709 by phillc54
Well you can leave it at 2-3 seconds then. If M66 doesn't see a change then it waits for the timeout specified as Greg has discovered.

More
15 Jun 2020 10:00 #171727 by snowgoer540

Well you can leave it at 2-3 seconds then. If M66 doesn't see a change then it waits for the timeout specified as Greg has discovered.

Makes sense about not seeing a change (because one isnt necessary).

What I dont understand is why the line numbers caused this to go bezerk in the first place? lol

More
18 Jun 2020 04:21 #171970 by phillc54

What I dont understand is why the line numbers caused this to go bezerk in the first place? lol

A couple of different issues, I guess one alerted you to the other because of all your testing of material changes.

I just pushed a fix for the delay, I had a couple of bits of inefficient code plus it now does a phantom material change if the material is already loaded. So you can either do either M66 P3 L0 or M66 P3 L3 Qn if you feel more secure with that. With 500 materials the maximum time to change was 0.16 seconds and both the M66 codes worked 100%.

More
22 Jun 2020 10:37 #172322 by snowgoer540

A couple of different issues, I guess one alerted you to the other because of all your testing of material changes.

I just pushed a fix for the delay, I had a couple of bits of inefficient code plus it now does a phantom material change if the material is already loaded. So you can either do either M66 P3 L0 or M66 P3 L3 Qn if you feel more secure with that. With 500 materials the maximum time to change was 0.16 seconds and both the M66 codes worked 100%.

Good deal, thanks for the work. I updated my Plasmac, but I can't currently test. My machine is down due to a sheared bolt. I need to pin the rails so it doesn't shear again. Unforeseen upgrade?

More
25 Jul 2020 21:30 #175791 by snowgoer540
the save materials glitch seems to have reared its ugly head again:

Video Evidence For Investigative Purposes

I cant permanently turn THC back on, ohmic off, etc. :(

More
25 Jul 2020 23:07 #175809 by phillc54

the save materials glitch seems to have reared its ugly head again:

Video Evidence For Investigative Purposes

I cant permanently turn THC back on, ohmic off, etc. :(

The way it works is:
If you display the default material when you press save all the settings on the run panel including the material will be saved.
When you have another material displayed then press save only the material parameters are saved and all other parameters are reloaded.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds