Hypersensing questions

More
25 Jun 2020 02:44 #172678 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Hypersensing questions

Man, that seems like a great idea! I’ve seen similar before on some production table I can’t remember which one. You have my attention though, it’ll be a neat project!

The fun part will be trying to source a suitable cylinder down under.

I wish I could find the video/post of the production one I saw. I think the table was green, I swear someone posted it here...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2020 02:48 #172679 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Hypersensing questions
So far I can buy one locally for AUD87 or wait up 17-52 days for one from China for AUD18

It doesn't seem like the local folk are thieves does it...

More
25 Jun 2020 02:51 #172680 by snowgoer540

So far I can buy one locally for AUD87 or wait up 17-52 days for one from China for AUD18

You guys need a McMaster Carr down under!

But yea I feel for you guys on getting parts, and apparently quality steel.

What about a solenoid instead of an air cylinder?

More
25 Jun 2020 07:43 #172690 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Hypersensing questions

You guys need a McMaster Carr down under!

But yea I feel for you guys on getting parts, and apparently quality steel.

I think our steel is OK, it is Tom who has touble sourcing that.

What about a solenoid instead of an air cylinder?

After a bit of a look for a solenoid with a decent travel the AUD87 looks cheap

More
25 Jun 2020 08:43 #172694 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions

What went wrong?

It was sensing the surface and backing up way off the material but not firing the sensor so I have to add the enhancement I said I would!

Phill, I feel for you. When I lived in Toowoomba 130 km from Brisbane, there was a small industrial estate that you could go to and you'd have a guess at who might have what you were looking for and if you guessed wrong, they would tell you who to see. If they did not have it on the shelf they would have it in the morning as we had 5 courier services a day out of Brisbane.

I actually bought an air ram this way for a printing press and it cost me about $70 which I thought was not too bad but that was 20 years ago! But then again the genuine part would have probably been $1500. I bought a FK12 bearing for a Ball screw locally today. It cost $80 plus $20 for air freight out of Perth, 6000 km on the other side of the country! So $87 is not too bad methinks!

I really miss that level of service I used to get. Here in Brisbane now, when you find a supplier for the part, its probably an hours drive away.

More
25 Jun 2020 10:37 - 25 Jun 2020 10:39 #172698 by snowgoer540
Phil:

I think our steel is OK, it is Tom who has trouble sourcing that.

Oh, you're right, his steel story reminded me of these toy poppers from my childhood:

Rod:

It was sensing the surface and backing up way off the material but not firing the sensor so I have to add the enhancement I said I would!

I dont follow? Not firing the sensor?

130 km from Brisbane

~80.8 miles ... I did the conversion and though I'd share for my friends in the US who want to follow along :laugh:
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 10:39 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Jun 2020 12:14 #172714 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hypersensing questions
@Phill,
That is a very bad way of probing for material as it will get stuck, drop in a hole already cut off, etc.
@Snow,
Toys ! Yummy ! :)
And some other side info about where i live:
How much does a VW Golf 4 cost where you live ?
Here it is 4000 to 5000 Euro, in Germany you get 250 Euro bonus if you take it as it costs more to send it to the scrap yard.

More
25 Jun 2020 18:48 #172743 by Todd Zuercher

@Phill,
That is a very bad way of probing for material as it will get stuck, drop in a hole already cut off, etc.
@Snow,
Toys ! Yummy ! :)
And some other side info about where i live:
How much does a VW Golf 4 cost where you live ?
Here it is 4000 to 5000 Euro, in Germany you get 250 Euro bonus if you take it as it costs more to send it to the scrap yard.

Completely off topic. now
As with all used cars, it all depends on condition, any where from scrap metal price/lb up to $5000-$8000 for a very nice low miles one. But most around here would be considered barely drive-able and sell for $1000-2000 (They. don't call this the rust belt for nothing.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jun 2020 19:07 #172745 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hypersensing questions
Hmmm Todd, do you live in Kosovo? :)
Forgot to mention, that is the price for a car that you have to invest another 1000 or more as soon as you get it, there are no low mileage here, all have that returned to some fictional value. Good cars we buy in Switzerland, service and maintenance there is mandatory.

More
28 Jun 2020 13:45 #172990 by Todd Zuercher
USA, Northeast Ohio, and the local gov. salt the heck out of the roads in the winter. Its like driving the cars on an ocean beach for 4 months of the year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds