Hypersensing questions

More
29 Jul 2020 11:57 #176367 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Hypersensing questions

I think the pause happens when the probe has to back away for longer before it breaks contact. I observed this sometimes pre hypersensing. This can happen if the material is warped or near an edge hanging over a slat so the material bends down before the probe triggers. You also see this if you probe into a puddle of water as the contact breaks once the torch clears the meniscus resulting in being far too high!

My feeling was it is quicker probing with hypersensing.

I have not upgraded to Phil's fast probing. I suspect that might make this more prevalent by smashing into the material.

It seems to pause before retracting at all. but maybe it is moving really slowly until it gets to the switch.

I rapid to the probe height at 100 dinos per minute (DPM) and then I probe at 20 DPM. I'm not doing production so I dont see the need to smash it in there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2020 12:00 #176369 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
I suspect its just moving very slowly. It took me a while to work it out...

Let me say it takes a long time to get to the max limit when probing backwards at 0.001 mmm (modern millimetres) per millisecond....

More
29 Jul 2020 12:23 #176373 by snowgoer540

Let me say it takes a long time to get to the max limit when probing backwards at 0.001 mmm (modern millimetres) per millisecond....

:laugh:

millimetres

Great, a new unit. :woohoo: I was just getting used to millimeters :pinch:

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
29 Jul 2020 12:28 #176376 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hypersensing questions

.... (modern millimetres) ....

LOL, i did see Thor's sister making fun of inches and pounds on national TV. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, snowgoer540

More
29 Jul 2020 12:35 #176378 by rodw

millimetres

Great, a new unit. :woohoo: I was just getting used to millimeters :pinch:

Stuttering in sympathy with your dodgy Y axis :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
29 Jul 2020 12:43 #176381 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hypersensing questions

.... (modern millimetres) ....

LOL, i did see Thor's sister making fun of inches and pounds on national TV. :)

Here it is:

skip to the 3 minute mark.

More
29 Jul 2020 13:01 #176385 by snowgoer540
"Lower sixth"... "oh we call that fifth" LMAO

Overall, I agree with Jimmy, I dont see the USA switching any time soon. Certainly they're not going to make an announcement "STARTING AUGUST 1, 2020, THE USA WILL BE METRIC!" haha. Also, seriously, can you imagine how many BILLIONS of dollars it would cost, to change all of the mile markers, all of the speed limit signs, thermometers, etc to go to a different measurement system.

Maybe as a start, I'll put the temperature in my car to °C. Baby steps :laugh:

I've said it before, but above all of the cost associated with switching, the problem is little/no sense of metric measurements here.

For one second, (Jimmy agreed with me here), imagine that IPS was standard everywhere but where you guys live, and the world wanted you to convert from metric to IPS... forget the whole "it's easier because it's base 10" stuff and pretend it makes as much sense to us as metric does to you. You'd find it hard to give it up, and think in "the other guys" terms...
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Jul 2020 13:22 #176386 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Hypersensing questions
Ah but us Brits teach our children metric and then when they get to 17 and learn to drive they have to learn braking distances in miles per hour as all the road signs are in mile per hour. Then also on gradients some are in % and others in 1:20 etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Jul 2020 13:33 #176387 by snowgoer540

Ah but us Brits teach our children metric and then when they get to 17 and learn to drive they have to learn braking distances in miles per hour as all the road signs are in mile per hour. Then also on gradients some are in % and others in 1:20 etc.

I often wonder if other planets civilizations have these kinds of problems :lol:

No wonder aliens don’t visit us.

More
29 Jul 2020 21:59 - 29 Jul 2020 21:59 #176414 by rodw

Maybe as a start, I'll put the temperature in my car to °C. Baby steps :laugh:

Nah, Temperature and acres were the last imperial units to be recalibrated in my brain. It just wasn't cool to stop saying you no longer lived on a 100,000 acre ranch where it was often 110 in the shade becasue it suddenly was only 40,000 Ha and we barely got past 43 degrees in summer!!

Then somebody told me he lived on a 64 square mile property. The poor old conversion cogs were working overtime until I realised he only had 64,000 acres (or about 26,000 Ha)!

What people fail to realise is that its the logic behind the metric system that substantially simplifies engineering calculations which have been known to loose spaceships! Fortunately I built mine in metric! Most US based engineers work in metric for the simplicity of it.

Australia is held out to be a model of how to convert. we did it in the 70's and after 30 years, I banned any imperial unit from my life which released a lot of brain cells that I could kill with alcohol to celebrate the occasion!
Last edit: 29 Jul 2020 21:59 by rodw.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds