Hypersensing questions

More
28 Apr 2020 05:50 #165907 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
I guess the main thing is: is it working reliably for you?
Did you use the revised component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:03 #165954 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Hypersensing questions

I guess the main thing is: is it working reliably for you?
Did you use the revised component?

Seemed to go off without any issues. Yea, I was using the ohmic2 component (unless a plasmac update takes that away for some reason?). Mode 1, N-10.

I was just a little miffed to see the ohmic on jump like that at the beginning and the end of the plots. Everyone elses seemed really definitive.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:36 #165959 by rodw

I was just a little miffed to see the ohmic on jump like that at the beginning and the end of the plots. Everyone elses seemed really definitive.

Yeh, I noticed that and will see if I can improve the component. I've got a bit on at the moment.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:39 #165961 by snowgoer540

Yeh, I noticed that and will see if I can improve the component. I've got a bit on at the moment.

No worries!

That was with really clean material by the way. I could try some probes on some surface rusty stuff if you think the data points help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
07 May 2020 20:45 #166980 by snowgoer540
How is this coming? Are we considering it good to go?

More
07 May 2020 20:47 #166981 by rodw

How is this coming? Are we considering it good to go?

It is until you tell me its not!

More
07 May 2020 22:01 #166985 by Uthayne
Replied by Uthayne on topic Hypersensing questions
I did a small job yesterday on 1/4" steel. About 100 pierces and not a signal problem. My probe speed is set at 30 ipm, and I did notice a slight overrun of about 1/16" in my float switch when probing. My float switch has about 1/8" of travel before it triggers, so it was more than enough. I haven't maxed out my ohmic probe speed yet, 30 ipm seemed reasonable.

However all of this isn't really an issue seeing that the height is set when the contact is broken, so as long as there is enough travel in the float switch, a little bit of overrun is fine.

More
07 May 2020 22:06 #166987 by snowgoer540
I agree, I had to slow my probe down to about the same speed to prevent overrun. Unfortunately my float switch trips at about .025". So I may have made the float switch TOO efficient. At any rate, after slowing it down, all was well.

More
25 Jun 2020 00:41 - 25 Jun 2020 00:45 #172653 by snowgoer540

Note the component is now named ohmic2.comp
you need to halcompile --install ohmic2.comp (non source code guys will need ot use sudo and you may need to install the linux_dev stuff. I'm not really up with deb installs.

I helped someone install ohmic2.comp on their buildbot install of 2.8. Halcompile does not appear to be part of that, but here is how to install it and then install the component for those who go looking later:
sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-uspace-dev
sudo halcompile --install ohmic2.comp

Of course, you need to run the second line from the directory you have the ohmic2.comp file located.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 00:45 by snowgoer540.

More
25 Jun 2020 00:44 - 25 Jun 2020 00:45 #172654 by snowgoer540
Brings me to two more thoughts:
1. When will ohmic component make the plasmac user guide (with diagrams, etc), and/or be part of PlasmaC? I know the old ohmic.comp is part of 2.9 branch, but now that 2.8 is recommended, what's the plan there?
2. Is there a convenient place we can put plasmac related "extra" files for easy grabs? For example: the Plasma versions of the 7i76e, 5i25_7i76, and 7i96 mesa firmware, and if the ohmic component isnt going to be standard with PlasmaC or Linuxcnc, then the component file as well. I'm not sure if there is anything else I cant remember at the moment.

I had to go digging this evening, and just thought it would be nice if it was all in one place. I'm happy to gather up the files if someone would like to make a pinned thread?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 00:45 by snowgoer540.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds