Hypersensing questions

More
25 Jun 2020 00:51 #172657 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Hypersensing questions
The ohmic comp is separate to PlasmaC and is one way to do ohmic sensing.

It is vailable in 2.8 github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/sr...omponents/ohmic.comp.

I could add a bit of a blurb to the PlasmaC user guide in the appendix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2020 01:18 #172659 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Hypersensing questions

The ohmic comp is separate to PlasmaC and is one way to do ohmic sensing.

It is vailable in 2.8 github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/sr...omponents/ohmic.comp.

I could add a bit of a blurb to the PlasmaC user guide in the appendix.

True, I didn’t think of that but it is similar to how THCAD is one way for voltage sensing and THC. I will say it seems to work well though.

Didn’t realize that about 2.8. So that begs the question when will ohmic 2 become ohmic lol.

I think it’s probably a good idea. Just was thinking of the new people, and how many questions I had (and still have).

More
25 Jun 2020 01:39 #172662 by phillc54

So that begs the question when will ohmic 2 become ohmic lol.

You lost me there...

I think it’s probably a good idea. Just was thinking of the new people, and how many questions I had (and still have).

I will have to read up on it to add anything, maybe a link to the Primer where it is documented.

I am contemplating doing something like this

More
25 Jun 2020 02:10 #172669 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
I have made my own git hub repository and when I learn what to do, I will publish it. I had some probing issues last job so I want to revisit it. At the moment my plasma cutter is in pieces pending an upgrade so I can't really test anything. But stuff I was waiting for has turned up today. Including my beautiful plasma cut enclosure for my toroid power supplies
Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2020 02:15 #172670 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
Phill, I would not recommend adding it to your Plasmac docs just yet. It is in the primer with complete worked example hal files.

Before it goes in plasmac docs, it really needs to have some sensitivity sliders in the GUI. Perhaps they could be hidden if not using it. But I need to work out the finer details when I revisit it.

More
25 Jun 2020 02:20 #172672 by phillc54

Phill, I would not recommend adding it to your Plasmac docs just yet. It is in the primer with complete worked example hal files.

If I do it would just be a link the primer. It is easy to add section links so we could link directly to the relevent section (I think...)

More
25 Jun 2020 02:29 #172674 by snowgoer540

So that begs the question when will ohmic 2 become ohmic lol.

You lost me there...

I will have to read up on it to add anything, maybe a link to the Primer where it is documented.

I am contemplating doing something like this

Rod had made an update to ohmic and called it ohmic2. But it seems it’s not ready for mainstream.

Man, that seems like a great idea! I’ve seen similar before on some production table I can’t remember which one. You have my attention though, it’ll be a neat project!

More
25 Jun 2020 02:30 #172675 by snowgoer540

I have made my own git hub repository and when I learn what to do, I will publish it. I had some probing issues last job so I want to revisit it. At the moment my plasma cutter is in pieces pending an upgrade so I can't really test anything. But stuff I was waiting for has turned up today. Including my beautiful plasma cut enclosure for my toroid power supplies

What went wrong?

More
25 Jun 2020 02:30 #172676 by snowgoer540

Before it goes in plasmac docs, it really needs to have some sensitivity sliders in the GUI. Perhaps they could be hidden if not using it. But I need to work out the finer details when I revisit it.

Sorry I jumped the gun :blush:

More
25 Jun 2020 02:33 #172677 by phillc54

Man, that seems like a great idea! I’ve seen similar before on some production table I can’t remember which one. You have my attention though, it’ll be a neat project!

The fun part will be trying to source a suitable cylinder down under.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds