PlasmaC Just using pierce for circle centre

More
09 Sep 2020 07:14 #181382 by rodw
Yes, I did it this way pre plasmac. , I carried that forward into Plasmac with a modified post processor. Its here on the forum somewhere. Once we devised the spotting function of Plasmac, I adopted the Plasmac post processor and use the current POST now. I do remember having to rename my tool to agree with Phill's paradigm.

Remember, post processors are there to be modified to suit you. They are just a text file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2020 07:29 #181386 by Clive S

Yes, I did it this way pre plasmac. , I carried that forward into Plasmac with a modified post processor. Its here on the forum somewhere. Once we devised the spotting function of Plasmac, I adopted the Plasmac post processor and use the current POST now. I do remember having to rename my tool to agree with Phill's paradigm.

Remember, post processors are there to be modified to suit you. They are just a text file.

Rod this is getting frustrating. You have just skirted the question "Are you actually using hole centres or arc in."

If you are doing it using are hole centres with various diameters can you please post the actual code.

More
09 Sep 2020 07:37 #181388 by rodw
I said I used it on a drill operation. Sheetcam then marks the hole centre for you. Its up to your post processor how you mark it. By creating a new tool, you can use it to do what you want without overwriting current behaviour and there is already an example in the post processor file using spotting to guide you..

More
09 Sep 2020 07:40 - 09 Sep 2020 07:40 #181389 by Clive S
Last edit: 09 Sep 2020 07:40 by Clive S.

More
09 Sep 2020 08:22 #181396 by rodw

I give up :silly:

If your are not getting the right answers, you are asking the wrong questions :)

A drill operation in sheetcam has no lead in. It just puts a spot in the centre of the hole. Well, thats how I've always used it

More
09 Sep 2020 10:33 - 09 Sep 2020 11:39 #181409 by phillc54
Clive, give this postprocessor a try. I think it will do what you want.

In the Operations section you need to set a variable DrillPierce = 1 and then do a drill operation.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Sep 2020 11:39 by phillc54.

More
09 Sep 2020 11:33 #181415 by rodw

Clive, give this postprocessor a try. I think it will do what you want.

In the Operations section you need to set a variable DrillPierce = 1 and then do a drill operation.

WTF???
     else
        post.Text ('we do u fukkn pierce here\n')
     end)

Is this an instruction for for Clive?

More
09 Sep 2020 11:36 #181416 by phillc54
oops, do ya like my debug messages?

More
09 Sep 2020 11:39 #181417 by rodw

oops, do ya like my debug messages?

Just gotta keep an eye on the Lead Developer :) Ya never know what he gets up to it seems!
I shudder to think what will happen when the test pilot finds this!

More
09 Sep 2020 11:40 #181420 by phillc54
All fixed, bloody grape juice again... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds