PlasmaC Just using pierce for circle centre

More
12 May 2020 02:54 #167450 by phillc54

Phill

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I still can not get it to centre spot without the drill

When you get the time would you mind looking at it ?

File Attachment:

File Name: Clive_gant....job.txt
File Size:8 KB

I loaded the file as is, so the T1: drill operation was selected then ran the PP and it worked.

I then tried with the T7: Centre Spot, I needed to edit the operation and set the "Lead" in to Perpendicular and "Start at the centre of circles smaller than" to 40mm and it worked.

You cannot use a drill tool (T1: drill) because you need a pierce height.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2020 08:01 #167481 by Clive S

Phill

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I still can not get it to centre spot without the drill

When you get the time would you mind looking at it ?

File Attachment:

File Name: Clive_gant....job.txt
File Size:8 KB

I loaded the file as is, so the T1: drill operation was selected then ran the PP and it worked.

I then tried with the T7: Centre Spot, I needed to edit the operation and set the "Lead" in to Perpendicular and "Start at the centre of circles smaller than" to 40mm and it worked.

You cannot use a drill tool (T1: drill) because you need a pierce height.

Phill Sorry it must be me being dumb. I take it then I can't use drill for the reasons stated.

So T7:Centre Spot, should work I edited the "lead" in to Perpendicular but can't seem to find the "Start at the centre of circles smaller than" bit. where will I find that?

To be clear I only have the "PP version E" loaded and not the "minimal.tools" if I need that where do I put it ?

Thanks for your continued help

More
12 May 2020 08:06 - 12 May 2020 08:07 #167482 by phillc54

So T7:Centre Spot, should work I edited the "lead" in to Perpendicular but can't seem to find the "Start at the centre of circles smaller than" bit. where will I find that?

Double click on the operation and it is two lines from the bottom in the dialog

To be clear I only have the "PP version E" loaded and not the "minimal.tools" if I need that where do I put it ?

You don't for this but if you do need them they go in your toolset file.

EDIT: why not just use the drill operation?
Last edit: 12 May 2020 08:07 by phillc54.

More
12 May 2020 08:31 #167487 by Clive S

Double click on the operation and it is two lines from the bottom in the dialog

You don't for this but if you do need them they go in your toolset file.

EDIT: why not just use the drill operation?

You said "You cannot use a drill tool (T1: drill) because you need a pierce height."

Re. " Double click on the operation and it is two lines from the bottom in the dialog"

In the "operation tab" There is a "G insert code" box !! I am just not getting what you are asking me to do

More
12 May 2020 08:43 - 12 May 2020 08:44 #167488 by phillc54
In the operation tab double click on the "No Offset, Big circle,T5: Jet tool" operation

Edit: But you can use a Jet tool on a Drill operation.
Last edit: 12 May 2020 08:44 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
12 May 2020 09:29 #167492 by Clive S

In the operation tab double click on the "No Offset, Big circle,T5: Jet tool" operation

Edit: But you can use a Jet tool on a Drill operation.

Ok Phill I think I get it now.

Under "operation" select Drilling, then pick Jet tool, min hole size 3mm - Max hole size 70mm

It seems to work with the sim and the code looks like it will do it. I will now go and test it on the machine.:)

Thanks for you patience
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
05 Sep 2020 17:33 #180815 by Clive S
I am have a problem with pierce with the torch not firing hypertherm 45 the machine is generally running fine.

We want to pierce through at the hole centre so have used a drill operation but the torch does not fire.

I have attached the sheetcam job file (just two holes to test) and the gcode

Can anybody throw any light on this please

File Attachment:

File Name: spottest.job.txt
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: spottest.job.tap.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Dean_plasm...p.tar.gz
File Size:489 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2020 20:29 #180852 by tommylight
Video would be very helpful .

More
06 Sep 2020 00:03 #180875 by phillc54
I just ran your config as a sim and ran that gcode file and it all looked good here.The Torch On LED lit which indicates the torch output from the component works.
Run Halshow and put a watch on hm2_7i96.0.ssr.00.out-00 to confirm that it gets the signal.

More
06 Sep 2020 09:16 #180917 by Clive S

I just ran your config as a sim and ran that gcode file and it all looked good here.The Torch On LED lit which indicates the torch output from the component works.
Run Halshow and put a watch on hm2_7i96.0.ssr.00.out-00 to confirm that it gets the signal.

Phil I ran this on my machine as the other is 50 miles away. We have more or less the same config.
is this the correct plot:

Also could it be that just the small move in the code is the culprit

Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 1.451 seconds