Feature Request

More
05 Aug 2020 00:10 - 05 Aug 2020 00:23 #177315 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

Torch off testing is fine it shouldn't affect anything. I was just trying to find any differences between what we are testing.

I have a few other things to do today so I'll do some more thorough testing this arvo and see what happens. I just gave it a quick run through then and it all seemed ok.

Ok cool, I was worried for a second, I didn't want to be wasting anyone's time!

No worries, getting close to bed time here anyhow. In the interest of being thorough, I did attach my .ini, I think I changed the Z axis velocity and accelerations, and the button "Change Consumables" to "Change Tips" because it didn't fit on the button the other way :laugh:... but that should have no bearing on anything but hey, who knows. I also attached job.ngc just in case.

It seems to be clicking "resume cut" that causes the issues. It's weird that the dialog box disappears for you, but not me. So that, and the second pause are what makes it come unglued. That and if I press resume cut, I cant press cancel anymore and have it do anything other than make the buttons at the top of the dialog box go back to normal from being greyed out.

At any rate, we'll get it. If we can get through the great offset stutter of 2020, I feel like anything's possible haha

EDIT: I should mention - I reached out to Peter about the Joint 3 Following error. After looking over my setup, he suggested that latency might not be the issue, and first suggested that I double the Max Accel for the Stepgen Max Accel. He indicated that it could be that the stepgen is constrained for some reason. So, I am giving his advice a go (was not this way during tonight's testing though).
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 00:23 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 00:19 #177316 by snowgoer540

this arvo

Made me work for that one... I learned arvo = afternoon.

Urban Dictionary told me:

Is -o ing words really a thing? That sounds like in the New England states here (especially Massachusetts) where they add an "r" to some words, but take it out of others.
Attachments:

More
05 Aug 2020 00:24 #177318 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

this arvo

Is -o ing words really a thing? That sounds like in the New England states here (especially Massachusetts) where they add an "r" to some words, but take it out of others.

only if the word can be -o ed :laugh: you just reminded me it is almost smoko...

where in the US are you?

More
05 Aug 2020 00:32 - 05 Aug 2020 00:32 #177320 by snowgoer540

this arvo

only if the word can be -o ed :laugh: you just reminded me it is almost smoko...

where in the US are you?

East Coast... Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg. Actually closer to Hershey, more people have probably heard of Milton Hershey and his chocolate... but also still close (hour or so) to Yuengling brewery (America’s oldest) if chocolate isn’t your thing haha
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 00:32 by snowgoer540.

More
05 Aug 2020 00:45 #177323 by phillc54

East Coast... Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg. Actually closer to Hershey, more people have probably heard of Milton Hershey and his chocolate... but also still close (hour or so) to Yuengling brewery (America’s oldest) if chocolate isn’t your thing haha

I prefer Ghirardelli... :)
Did a touristy day trip to Philly (mainly to see the Liberty Bell) and also to Intercourse several years ago.

More
05 Aug 2020 01:04 #177325 by snowgoer540

Did a touristy day trip to Philly (mainly to see the Liberty Bell) and also to Intercourse several years ago.

Did you get a cheese steak at Pat's or Geno's? Well, if you've been to Intercourse, you probably visited Bird in Hand, maybe passed Blue Ball, and somewhere around all of that hopefully you found Paradise. :laugh: All actual places in PA.

Oddly, I've never seen the Liberty Bell. The lady went to school in Philly, she'd probably love showing me around, should probably make a day of that...

More
05 Aug 2020 01:23 #177329 by phillc54

Did you get a cheese steak at Pat's or Geno's? Well, if you've been to Intercourse, you probably visited Bird in Hand, maybe passed Blue Ball, and somewhere around all of that hopefully you found Paradise. :laugh: All actual places in PA.

Oddly, I've never seen the Liberty Bell. The lady went to school in Philly, she'd probably love showing me around, should probably make a day of that...

No, but we ran up the "Rocky" steps at the Museum of Art (well we walked actually). Bird in Hand sounds familiar...

More
05 Aug 2020 05:35 #177345 by phillc54
I pushed and update, it hasn't changed CR, it is just to bring it up to date with 2.8.

I have just completed some testing using the ini file and the ngc file you posted. The ngc file looks like the one I have been using. I cannot find any of the issues you last posted.

I assume that your are running make each time you update.

More
05 Aug 2020 08:42 #177359 by snowgoer540

I pushed and update, it hasn't changed CR, it is just to bring it up to date with 2.8.

I have just completed some testing using the ini file and the ngc file you posted. The ngc file looks like the one I have been using. I cannot find any of the issues you last posted.

I assume that your are running make each time you update.

Yea, the process I use:
cd ~/linuxcnc-dev
git pull
cd src
make
sudo make setuid
Then I rip environment and run the configurator for good measure.

If I’m missing a step, let me know..

More
05 Aug 2020 08:45 #177360 by phillc54

If I’m missing a step, let me know..

Yes, the step that makes it work. :laugh:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 1.939 seconds