Feature Request

More
05 Aug 2020 08:49 #177361 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
To confirm you are on the correct branch, add the following the the end of ~/.bashrc
 function parse_git_branch {
     git branch --no-color 2> /dev/null | sed -e '/^[^*]/d' -e 's/* \(.*\)/(\1) /'
 }
 PS1="\[\e[32m\]\$(parse_git_branch)\[\e[33m\]\h:\W \ \[\e[m\]"
 export PS1
save it then either logout and login again or run from a terminal:
source ~/.bashrc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 09:15 #177364 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: To confirm you are on the correct branch, add the following the the end of ~/.bashrc

 function parse_git_branch {
     git branch --no-color 2> /dev/null | sed -e '/^[^*]/d' -e 's/* \(.*\)/(\1) /'
 }
 PS1="\[\e[32m\]\$(parse_git_branch)\[\e[33m\]\h:\W \ \[\e[m\]"
 export PS1
save it then either logout and login again or run from a terminal:
source ~/.bashrc


Luckily I woke up a bit early today, so I had a few minutes before I have to leave for work.

Did the above, the "source ~/.bashrc" makes my terminal look funny now:

Any way to change that back?

At any rate, updated, ran it quick, it still does the exact same thing as last night. :(
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 09:19 #177366 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: Did a touristy day trip to Philly (mainly to see the Liberty Bell) and also to Intercourse several years ago.

You skipped the foreplay ??? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 09:21 #177367 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

tommylight wrote:

phillc54 wrote: Did a touristy day trip to Philly (mainly to see the Liberty Bell) and also to Intercourse several years ago.

You skipped the foreplay ??? :)

haha, yeah I was lookiing for it but no luck... :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 09:21 #177368 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
It will only show the git branch when you are in a valid git branch. If you don't like it remove the lines and run the source line again.

That is crazy, I cannot get it to go wrong. I will try on my machine tomorrow if I get time, I am only testing in sim mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 10:19 #177375 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: It will only show the git branch when you are in a valid git branch. If you don't like it remove the lines and run the source line again.

No, it's ok, I just didnt know it was supposed to stay that way. It's good to know what branch I'm currently pointed at.


That is crazy, I cannot get it to go wrong. I will try on my machine tomorrow if I get time, I am only testing in sim mode.

Hmm, I'm not sure I know how to test in sim mode (to see if it would act normal in my sim mode vs a real machine).

As far as things that could be different, did you add Rod's Ohmic3.comp to the simulation you are running? That's about the only thing I could figure wouldn't be the same because. Off the cuff, I wouldnt know what difference that would make, but I guess we have to consider everything at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 10:23 #177376 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

snowgoer540 wrote: As far as things that could be different, did you add Rod's Ohmic3.comp to the simulation you are running? That's about the only thing I could figure wouldn't be the same because. Off the cuff, I wouldnt know what difference that would make, but I guess we have to consider everything at this point.

No, I can't imagine that it would affect anything, all PlasmaC gets from it is the ohmic probe signal (I guess)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 10:28 #177378 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote:

snowgoer540 wrote: As far as things that could be different, did you add Rod's Ohmic3.comp to the simulation you are running? That's about the only thing I could figure wouldn't be the same because. Off the cuff, I wouldnt know what difference that would make, but I guess we have to consider everything at this point.

No, I can't imagine that it would affect anything, all PlasmaC gets from it is the ohmic probe signal (I guess)


Not sure either, but it does have output(s), because my hal connections file uses the or2 function to tie two outputs together so it turns the power supply on and off properly. I mean, I tend to agree, but at any rate, it is a variable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 10:34 #177379 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
If you want to try a sim, make a copy of your config directory. (with sim in the name to remind you) and copy the attached hal file and ini file into it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 11:03 #177380 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: If you want to try a sim, make a copy of your config directory. (with sim in the name to remind you) and copy the attached hal file and ini file into it.


Yea, I'll give it a go. It'll be interesting to see if it works normal in the sim for me. Thanks Phill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: phillc54
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum