Feature Request

More
10 Aug 2020 00:40 #177785 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

It will be interesting to see the results and whether or not is is a worthwhile feature.

I agree, I’m hopeful I think it’s a really good idea.

Do you mean Ohmic Probe Enable on the Run Panel

Yep, sorry I was thinking in terms of disabling it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2020 04:19 #177791 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
I added the mesh mode stuff you suggested, it is on your branch as well.

from the docs:
Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, snowgoer540

More
10 Aug 2020 10:19 #177805 by snowgoer540
Good deal; thanks Phill!

Speaking of the documentation, we need to add M62/M63 P1 and M64/M65 P1 at some point. I should probably give it a quick test first, but I don't really see why it wouldn't work.

What else you got in the works? Any tricks up your sleeve :silly:

More
10 Aug 2020 10:23 #177806 by phillc54

Good deal; thanks Phill!

Speaking of the documentation, we need to add M62/M63 P1 and M64/M65 P1 at some point. I should probably give it a quick test first, but I don't really see why it wouldn't work.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...guide.html#mesh-mode

What else you got in the works? Any tricks up your sleeve :silly:

I am tidying up the the gcode filter, it developed into a bit of a mess over time.

More
10 Aug 2020 10:31 #177807 by snowgoer540

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...guide.html#mesh-mode

:blush: I should have used the Find function in my browser. I was looking here: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...smac_specific_gcodes

I think I was expecting to see it before the THC stuff because P1, P2, P3... but I found it :)

Question on that, when you enable it from the G-Code, does it do everything that mesh mode normally does, or does it only ignore the arc-ok?

I am tidying up the the gcode filter, it developed into a bit of a mess over time.

You mean the magic stuffs that happens on load?

More
10 Aug 2020 10:38 #177808 by phillc54

I think I was expecting to see it before the THC stuff because P1, P2, P3...

I probably should have some sort of order in there but I figured I would keep it consistent and make it random. :)

Question on that, when you enable it from the G-Code, does it do everything that mesh mode normally does, or does it only ignore the arc-ok?

It should work the same, if the Ignor checkbutton is checked then it should not require the initial arc ok.

You mean the magic stuffs that happens on load?

Yep, that's it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
11 Aug 2020 16:11 #177907 by snowgoer540

It should work the same, if the Ignor checkbutton is checked then it should not require the initial arc ok.

Actually, I got to thinking about this. That might not be ideal. I think that via M-Code, we would only want the ability to ignore the Arc-OK...

For a few reasons:
1. I may not want it to change to CPA mode in the middle of a cut if I were ignoring the ARC-OK for other reasons
2. If I used the M-code to ignore an arc-ok before the torch fired, I may not want it to disable the THC (I cant think why I would ignore an arc-ok at start via M-code, but the example is valid nonetheless)
3. If I used the M-code to ignore an arc-ok at the end of a cut, I would want the thc disabled (which I could do via other M codes).

I think if you're cutting mesh, you'd use the check boxes. If you wanted to ignore arc-ok via coding, you'd use the M-Codes, but it should only control the reaction to arc-ok signals as the rest of the stuff is also controllable via M codes.

Maybe the CPA mode change via M-code enabled "mesh mode" is the only real problem. But I was just thinking out loud.

More
11 Aug 2020 19:09 #177926 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
I think you would need to disable ArcOK from the console. Otherwise you can't disable it on say a sever cut you have set up in the console using the plasmac GUI. So a user might disable ArcOK to be certain he gets the cut going before the edge and enable it when it starts to cut so it can monitor for errors. That would be my primary use for the feature.

More
11 Aug 2020 20:33 #177941 by snowgoer540

I think you would need to disable ArcOK from the console. Otherwise you can't disable it on say a sever cut you have set up in the console using the plasmac GUI. So a user might disable ArcOK to be certain he gets the cut going before the edge and enable it when it starts to cut so it can monitor for errors. That would be my primary use for the feature.

Not 100% sure I follow what your saying, but I’m pretty sure it works that way currently.

I was referring only to enable/disable via M62/63 P1 and M64/65 P1

More
11 Aug 2020 23:18 #177957 by phillc54
The way it works at the moment is:

there are two mesh mode checkbuttons, Enable and Ignore OK

Enable disables THC and continues a cut if the arc is lost during the cut (plus it switches to CPA mode on connnected HT machines)

Ignore OK allows a cut to begin without receiving an arc ok signal. This checkbtton is only read when mesh mode is enabled.

motion.digital-out-01 behaves the same way as Enable

I think Rod is suggesting that Ignore OK should be able to be used at any time.

I may not want it to change to CPA mode in the middle of a cut if I were ignoring the ARC-OK for other reasons

does Rod's suggestion satisfy this.

If I used the M-code to ignore an arc-ok before the torch fired, I may not want it to disable the THC (I cant think why I would ignore an arc-ok at start via M-code, but the example is valid nonetheless)

M-code doesn't do it this way, M-code is the same as Enable

If I used the M-code to ignore an arc-ok at the end of a cut, I would want the thc disabled (which I could do via other M codes).

See above

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds