Feature Request

More
12 Aug 2020 08:04 #178007 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

So RAR = CPA

Yes, I htink what it means is that an arcOK will be returned instantly the torch passes over material. You would have to do some plots to see what the torch voltage does to see if it is possible to spot the THC height.

I would think that by the time the voltage was stable enough you would be cutting air again or maybe even the next piece of metal depending on feed rate. I don't think it would work for a sampled voltage , maybe OK for using material cut voltage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2020 08:10 #178008 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request

So RAR = CPA

Yes, I htink what it means is that an arcOK will be returned instantly the torch passes over material. You would have to do some plots to see what the torch voltage does to see if it is possible to spot the THC height.

I would think that by the time the voltage was stable enough you would be cutting air again or maybe even the next piece of metal depending on feed rate. I don't think it would work for a sampled voltage , maybe OK for using material cut voltage.

It would be interesting to repeat my kerf crossing tests in mesh mode and compare the difference in arc voltage behaviour between the two modes.

More
12 Aug 2020 08:19 #178010 by phillc54

I'm kinda thinking that if someone wants to cut mesh they need to ensure it stay flat.

I don't think anyone can assume material being plasma cut stays flat :)

It doesn't seem to move much here:

More
12 Aug 2020 09:58 #178015 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request
Watched it 4 times, it is mesmerising ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
12 Aug 2020 10:52 #178019 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

if you forget. :)

Me, forget... Never! :laugh: :laugh:

Me either :whistle:

Mesh Mode and Ignore Arc OK are now as we discussed (or at least my interpretation of that) on 2.8, master and your branch

Man, you're efficient... Thanks!

The user guide looked good too. I am a bit curious, about this:

will begin a cut without requiring an Arc OK signal and also ignores a lost Arc OK signal during a cut

Is that determined by the placement of the M## P1, or is it something different... For instance

M62 P1
M3
Motion G-Code
M5
M63 P1

^would ignore Ok-to-move on startup

M3
Some motion
M62 P1
Some more Motion
M5
M63 P1

^would ignore Ok-to-move after the arc is started and motion is under way, until the end of the cut

Correct?

More
12 Aug 2020 11:00 #178020 by snowgoer540

It didnt move much at all. In later cuts, I erred on the side of leaving the torch height pretty high, and slowing the feed rate WAY down. Where the video showed me cutting upwards of 300ipm, when I cut the second piece I was around 95ipm. It severed MUCH cleaner, and the torch being up higher seemed to be enough to keep the torch from bumping into the material.

I would think everything is happening too fast to get an accurate read on the torch height... but I suppose I don't know what I don't know either. Maybe it is possible. At the moment, I'm happy we have made it this far!

More
12 Aug 2020 11:00 #178021 by phillc54

Is that determined by the placement of the M## P1

Yes, and also the type of command

M62 P1
M3
Motion G-Code
M5
M63 P1

^would ignore Ok-to-move on startup

No, M62 is synchronised so wouldn't happen until the "Motion G-Code" began, between the M62P1 and M3 you should have your G0 rapid move to position to sync to.

M3
Some motion
M62 P1
Some more Motion
M5
M63 P1

^would ignore Ok-to-move after the arc is started and motion is under way, until the end of the cut

Yes, but to be safe you should use M65 at the end as there is no motion to sync to or use M63 P1 and have a G0 rapid move to sync to.

More
12 Aug 2020 11:02 #178022 by snowgoer540

I think it was one of those things that I was so impressed that it worked exactly how I was expecting it to the first time, paired with it sounding like a metal cutting machine gun, either way, every time I watch it, it makes me laugh :laugh:

More
12 Aug 2020 11:02 #178023 by phillc54

It didnt move much at all. In later cuts, I erred on the side of leaving the torch height pretty high, and slowing the feed rate WAY down. Where the video showed me cutting upwards of 300ipm, when I cut the second piece I was around 95ipm. It severed MUCH cleaner, and the torch being up higher seemed to be enough to keep the torch from bumping into the material.

I would think everything is happening too fast to get an accurate read on the torch height... but I suppose I don't know what I don't know either. Maybe it is possible. At the moment, I'm happy we have made it this far!

I would expect that maybe it is possible on some machines cutting some type of mesh but I think there will be too many variables to be consistent.

More
12 Aug 2020 11:03 #178024 by phillc54

I think it was one of those things that I was so impressed that it worked exactly how I was expecting it to the first time, paired with it sounding like a metal cutting machine gun, either way, every time I watch it, it makes me laugh :laugh:

It is definitely entertaining...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds