Feature Request

More
19 Aug 2020 01:35 #178660 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Which actually reminds me of a question. My voltage fluctuates a bit at idle, bounces around 0-3v. Should I apply a lowpass filter? I did tool around with the lowpass filter a bit, and it seems when I got it to stop bouncing around, it did nothing during a cut :laugh:

You could observe your arcvoltage at zero with Halscope ;) and then setp plasmac.lowpass-frequency nn to see what it does.
The number you enter is the cutoff frequency (0 = off) . If you do enable the filtering it will slow down the response time so the lower the frequency you can use the better.

Have you tried to eliminate it by changing the Voltage Offset a little.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2020 01:40 #178662 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

Which actually reminds me of a question. My voltage fluctuates a bit at idle, bounces around 0-3v. Should I apply a lowpass filter? I did tool around with the lowpass filter a bit, and it seems when I got it to stop bouncing around, it did nothing during a cut :laugh:

You could observe your arcvoltage at zero with Halscope ;) and then setp plasmac.lowpass-frequency nn to see what it does.
The number you enter is the cutoff frequency (0 = off) . If you do enable the filtering it will slow down the response time so the lower the frequency you can use the better.

Have you tried to eliminate it by changing the Voltage Offset a little.

Haha okok, I’ll learn halscope :). I also want to try to measure an appropriate THC delay for my machine.

I haven’t tried that, but I will!

More
19 Aug 2020 01:56 #178664 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
I thought Tormach now make their own FGPA card.

@snowgoer at cutting volts, I think you will find the fluctuations will go away. But Halscope will tell you!

Do you think that the world is ganging up on you and pushing you to the limits????

More
19 Aug 2020 06:26 #178679 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

In all seriousness, I wonder if they are using @PCW's THCAD. It seems they use his hardware (in a modified to suite Tormach's needs) everywhere else, it wouldnt surprise me. Also, I wonder what they are doing for ohmic sensing.

See if you can spot it :
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2020 09:50 #178691 by snowgoer540

I thought Tormach now make their own FGPA card.

Well, they definitely are of their own creation, but I always assumed they worked with @PCW to get the cards they wanted. I guess I assumed that because the hal files all mimic the convention that Mesa cards use. Maybe Peter's stuff is open source?

@snowgoer at cutting volts, I think you will find the fluctuations will go away. But Halscope will tell you!

Do you think that the world is ganging up on you and pushing you to the limits????

Haha, no, I appreciate it, I need to get outside the comfort zone. Maybe once I figure it out I'll make a nice how-to with it. It seems like a helpful tool. So I need to get it under wraps.

More
19 Aug 2020 09:51 - 30 Aug 2020 22:17 #178692 by snowgoer540

In all seriousness, I wonder if they are using @PCW's THCAD. It seems they use his hardware (in a modified to suite Tormach's needs) everywhere else, it wouldnt surprise me. Also, I wonder what they are doing for ohmic sensing.

See if you can spot it :

Dang, good eye man! Guess that's an ohmic card all the way to the right... looks to be of their own creation.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 22:17 by snowgoer540.

More
19 Aug 2020 14:53 #178714 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

Dang, good eye man! Guess that's an ohmic card all the way to the right... looks to be of their own creation.

I can make out a MosFet, a voltage regulator (5pin one) and 2 power resistors, and only 2 wires, so i have no clue.

More
19 Aug 2020 15:01 #178716 by snowgoer540

I can make out a MosFet, a voltage regulator (5pin one) and 2 power resistors, and only 2 wires, so i have no clue.

Doesnt seem far off from what I see there.

More
23 Aug 2020 05:47 #179061 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
phillc54/snowgoer540_1 is now up to date.

Attached is the main gist of the docs, there are some links to it from other places in the docs.
Warning: Spoiler!

You can build the docs if you wish:
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --enable-build-documentation=html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
23 Aug 2020 14:18 #179102 by snowgoer540

phillc54/snowgoer540_1 is now up to date.

Attached is the main gist of the docs, there are some links to it from other places in the docs.
Warning: Spoiler!

You can build the docs if you wish:
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --enable-build-documentation=html

Headed down in a few to try and break this!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds