Feature Request

More
12 Aug 2020 01:13 #177975 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Yes, but if the HAL pin and the Enable checkbutton were active simultaneously then it would be the same as having mesh Enable checked and Ignore OK checked regardless of whether Ignore OK was checked or not.

I think I follow. I can only speak for myself, but I would just make sure both are unchecked if I planned to control via the HAL pin (assuming this means M code P1). They default to the off status and don't save between sessions anyhow.

That would be the correct procedure to follow but you do need to be aware of what happens if you forget. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2020 01:24 #177976 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

if you forget. :)

Me, forget... Never! :laugh: :laugh:

More
12 Aug 2020 03:38 #177980 by phillc54

if you forget. :)

Me, forget... Never! :laugh: :laugh:

Me either :whistle:

Mesh Mode and Ignore Arc OK are now as we discussed (or at least my interpretation of that) on 2.8, master and your branch
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
12 Aug 2020 07:51 #178000 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
In answer to PCW, I think its possible that ArcOK might allow the THC to "spot" the torch height as it travels over material. I think it only takes 200 ms most of the time to get an ArcOK when piercing. I don't know how it would go sensing weldmesh as it is when it crosses a round bar.

I'm not very interested in mesh mode, but I'd like to be able to sever a sheet without having to resort to a 1mm blade to open up the first mm or so so I think disabling ArcOk should not be tied to mesh mode. I have a mesh mode on the plasma cutter but I have to select it manually. I just checked the manual and what it does is it allows for faster restarting of the Pilot Arc for uninterrupted cutting.

I'm not sure what it does on a Hypertherm.

More
12 Aug 2020 07:55 - 12 Aug 2020 07:57 #178001 by rodw
Wait there is more:
With the knob in the RAPID AUTO RESTART position, when the torch leaves the workpiece the pilot arc restarts instantly, and the cutting arc restarts instantly when the pilot arc contacts the workpiece. (Use the 'Rapid Auto Restart' position when cutting expanded metal or gratings, or in gouging or trimming operations when an uninterrupted restart is desired).

EDIT: I think that is PCW's answer. I think from that ArcOK will turn on instantly. I must test it.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2020 07:57 by rodw.

More
12 Aug 2020 07:56 #178002 by phillc54

In answer to PCW, I think its possible that ArcOK might allow the THC to "spot" the torch height as it travels over material. I think it only takes 200 ms most of the time to get an ArcOK when piercing. I don't know how it would go sensing weldmesh as it is when it crosses a round bar.

I'm kinda thinking that if someone wants to cut mesh they need to ensure it stay flat.

I'm not very interested in mesh mode, but I'd like to be able to sever a sheet without having to resort to a 1mm blade to open up the first mm or so so I think disabling ArcOk should not be tied to mesh mode.

They are separated now, you can see both from this link.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...guide.html#mesh-mode

More
12 Aug 2020 07:57 #178003 by phillc54

Wait there is more:
With the knob in the RAPID AUTO RESTART position, when the torch leaves the workpiece the pilot arc restarts instantly, and the cutting arc restarts instantly when the pilot arc contacts the workpiece. (Use the 'Rapid Auto Restart' position when cutting expanded metal or gratings, or in gouging or trimming operations when an uninterrupted restart is desired).

So RAR = CPA

More
12 Aug 2020 07:58 #178004 by rodw
you are so quick, you missed my edit!

More
12 Aug 2020 08:00 #178005 by rodw

So RAR = CPA

Yes, I htink what it means is that an arcOK will be returned instantly the torch passes over material. You would have to do some plots to see what the torch voltage does to see if it is possible to spot the THC height.

More
12 Aug 2020 08:04 #178006 by rodw

I'm kinda thinking that if someone wants to cut mesh they need to ensure it stay flat.

I don't think anyone can assume material being plasma cut stays flat :)

But I think what you have will be fine for now.

It just goes to show how much we still don't know about plasma!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds