Feature Request

More
24 Aug 2020 11:39 #179228 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request
I'm guilty of being a big fan of the Preview. Admittedly I use it a lot for sanity checks, etc. It's especially helpful when you're using CR to know which way to bump things around. Plus it's entertaining to watch :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:46 - 24 Aug 2020 11:47 #179229 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
Axis has an inbuilt preview, I think Gremlin came out later to emulate Axis. I think the Touchy (which doesn't have a built in preview) author was one of the Axis authors.

For CR after a real crash I think you would need to look at the torch, it wouldn't show the crash point on the preview.

Edit: oops I forgot the quotes...
Last edit: 24 Aug 2020 11:47 by phillc54.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:57 #179237 by snowgoer540

real crash

Hopefully I never have one of those :laugh:

I do find it interesting to learn how people use the same software a bit differently. Just one of those things I guess, to each their own..

More
24 Aug 2020 12:21 #179239 by phillc54

real crash

I do find it interesting to learn how people use the same software a bit differently. Just one of those things I guess, to each their own..

True. I don't use my machine controller for anything else so I only need a low level machine and I don't need a preview at the machine. I ensure my gcode is correct before it gets loaded on the machine. I think in the that everyone will need to write their own GUI.

More
24 Aug 2020 13:22 #179242 by snowgoer540

real crash

True. I don't use my machine controller for anything else so I only need a low level machine and I don't need a preview at the machine. I ensure my gcode is correct before it gets loaded on the machine. I think in the that everyone will need to write their own GUI.

Haha, no thanks! I think Axis with Plasmac works just fine! :)

More
24 Aug 2020 17:56 #179265 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request
Hmmm, i turn my back for a day and someone bashing gremlin !
I might not be very objective on this as i made it have another gremlin screen on a second bigger monitor ! :)

More
24 Aug 2020 23:09 #179283 by phillc54

Hmmm, i turn my back for a day and someone bashing gremlin !
I might not be very objective on this as i made it have another gremlin screen on a second bigger monitor ! :)

Not bashing Tom, just saying it uses a lot of real estate for not much gain. Although I must admit it is great for conversational.
Do you use any touch screens?

More
24 Aug 2020 23:59 #179288 by snowgoer540
Back on the 2.8 branch.

One thing I noticed that was interesting... I renamed the Torch Enable and Disable in the plasmac_axis.py to Torch On and Torch Off (so it fit the button) and it carried over. Is that to be expected?

More
25 Aug 2020 00:40 - 25 Aug 2020 00:42 #179293 by phillc54
You may need to do a make clean after switching branches then to be safe redo the ./autogen.sh and ./configure --with-realtime=uspace

Edit: I did think of renaming them like you did but then someone will complain that they press Torch On and it doesn't turn on...
Last edit: 25 Aug 2020 00:42 by phillc54.

More
25 Aug 2020 02:04 #179298 by snowgoer540

You may need to do a make clean after switching branches then to be safe redo the ./autogen.sh and ./configure --with-realtime=uspace

Ok, I will try that. I did do a make clean, I didnt do the other stuff.

Edit: I did think of renaming them like you did but then someone will complain that they press Torch On and it doesn't turn on...

Yea, I can follow that logic. Is changing the font size for just buttons a viable option? Change Consumables didnt fit either, so I made it "Change tips" lol

Maybe I'm just being picky I can be a bit of a perfectionist...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds