Feature Request

More
24 Aug 2020 11:39 #179228 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request
I'm guilty of being a big fan of the Preview. Admittedly I use it a lot for sanity checks, etc. It's especially helpful when you're using CR to know which way to bump things around. Plus it's entertaining to watch :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:46 - 24 Aug 2020 11:47 #179229 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
Axis has an inbuilt preview, I think Gremlin came out later to emulate Axis. I think the Touchy (which doesn't have a built in preview) author was one of the Axis authors.

For CR after a real crash I think you would need to look at the torch, it wouldn't show the crash point on the preview.

Edit: oops I forgot the quotes...
Last edit: 24 Aug 2020 11:47 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:57 #179237 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: real crash


Hopefully I never have one of those :laugh:

I do find it interesting to learn how people use the same software a bit differently. Just one of those things I guess, to each their own..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 12:21 #179239 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

snowgoer540 wrote:

phillc54 wrote: real crash


Hopefully I never have one of those :laugh:

I do find it interesting to learn how people use the same software a bit differently. Just one of those things I guess, to each their own..

True. I don't use my machine controller for anything else so I only need a low level machine and I don't need a preview at the machine. I ensure my gcode is correct before it gets loaded on the machine. I think in the that everyone will need to write their own GUI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 13:22 #179242 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote:

snowgoer540 wrote:

phillc54 wrote: real crash


Hopefully I never have one of those :laugh:

I do find it interesting to learn how people use the same software a bit differently. Just one of those things I guess, to each their own..

True. I don't use my machine controller for anything else so I only need a low level machine and I don't need a preview at the machine. I ensure my gcode is correct before it gets loaded on the machine. I think in the that everyone will need to write their own GUI.


Haha, no thanks! I think Axis with Plasmac works just fine! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 17:56 #179265 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request
Hmmm, i turn my back for a day and someone bashing gremlin !
I might not be very objective on this as i made it have another gremlin screen on a second bigger monitor ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 23:09 #179283 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

tommylight wrote: Hmmm, i turn my back for a day and someone bashing gremlin !
I might not be very objective on this as i made it have another gremlin screen on a second bigger monitor ! :)

Not bashing Tom, just saying it uses a lot of real estate for not much gain. Although I must admit it is great for conversational.
Do you use any touch screens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 23:59 #179288 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request
Back on the 2.8 branch.

One thing I noticed that was interesting... I renamed the Torch Enable and Disable in the plasmac_axis.py to Torch On and Torch Off (so it fit the button) and it carried over. Is that to be expected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 00:40 - 25 Aug 2020 00:42 #179293 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
You may need to do a make clean after switching branches then to be safe redo the ./autogen.sh and ./configure --with-realtime=uspace

Edit: I did think of renaming them like you did but then someone will complain that they press Torch On and it doesn't turn on...
Last edit: 25 Aug 2020 00:42 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 02:04 #179298 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

phillc54 wrote: You may need to do a make clean after switching branches then to be safe redo the ./autogen.sh and ./configure --with-realtime=uspace


Ok, I will try that. I did do a make clean, I didnt do the other stuff.

Edit: I did think of renaming them like you did but then someone will complain that they press Torch On and it doesn't turn on...


Yea, I can follow that logic. Is changing the font size for just buttons a viable option? Change Consumables didnt fit either, so I made it "Change tips" lol

Maybe I'm just being picky I can be a bit of a perfectionist...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: phillc54
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum