Feature Request

More
01 Sep 2020 23:13 - 01 Sep 2020 23:49 #180371 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request
Got him sorted on the Ohmic as well... Turns out his jumper was on F/1 rather than F/32, not really sure how it worked in the first place, but should be MUCH more reliable now! :laugh:
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 23:49 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2020 23:50 #180373 by snowgoer540
Finally getting around to starting to proof read the User Guide.

How is it easiest for you? Would you rather me edit the .html file directly? Or do you want me to copy and paste into microsoft word and track changes, etc? Any ideas welcome.

More
02 Sep 2020 00:08 #180376 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Finally getting around to starting to proof read the User Guide.

How is it easiest for you? Would you rather me edit the .html file directly? Or do you want me to copy and paste into microsoft word and track changes, etc? Any ideas welcome.

Definitely not a word processor format and it is no good editing the html file as that is automatically generated.
The original is in asciidoc format at lives here
It is no good editing the html file as that is automatically generated. The original is in asciidoc format and lives here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...asmac-user-guide.txt
If you have a github account you can directly edit it by clicking on the pencil icon just above the top of the page, you can and when you finish editing you can do a pull request.

I have changed the installation and upgrade sections locally to reflect the 2.8 release but I haven't pushed them yet so you won't need to change anything there (yet).

I also see I broke scribing, thanks for the report, I will fix it today.

More
02 Sep 2020 01:39 #180380 by snowgoer540
Thanks Phill. I’ll try to see if I can get pull requests figured out. Hopefully it is easier with one file.

More
02 Sep 2020 01:44 #180381 by phillc54
No worries, I will push the changes to master later, I don't want to play with 2.8 too much while Andy is this close to release.

BTW the problem in plasmac_gcode.py was a missed line to print the output, it should be:
609            else:
610                scribing = True
611                print(line)
612                continue

More
02 Sep 2020 02:51 #180387 by phillc54

Thanks Phill. I’ll try to see if I can get pull requests figured out. Hopefully it is easier with one file.

It seems reasonably easy although I have never tried it this way. Edit the file, review the changes, go to the bottom of the page and hit "Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request"

Another option would be to make a copy of the original, edit it and email it to me directly.

More
02 Sep 2020 10:36 #180408 by snowgoer540

It seems reasonably easy although I have never tried it this way. Edit the file, review the changes, go to the bottom of the page and hit "Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request"

Another option would be to make a copy of the original, edit it and email it to me directly.

Man, I wish I would have seen that line was missing! So obvious now lol. I guess I should have spent more time trying to figure it out; thank you. In the meantime, I guess I can just edit the file and have him replace the one there, or edit the file himself.

Ok, I'll give the github thing a go, but it may be easier to just edit the text file, and then email it to you. I dont know how interested you are in seeing what I propose to be changed between the two?

Also, I want to make sure I understand the voice of the user guide. Is it to be more informal: "your machine, your hal file", etc. or is it to be more formal/manual like: "the machine, the hal file", etc. Generally speaking for documentation, etc. I prefer the latter, but I just wanted to understand the requirements before I make edits :)

More
02 Sep 2020 10:47 #180409 by phillc54

Ok, I'll give the github thing a go, but it may be easier to just edit the text file, and then email it to you. I dont know how interested you are in seeing what I propose to be changed between the two?

Do it the easiest way for you. If you go the email route I will see the differences as soon as I add it to my repo so there is no preference for me.

Also, I want to make sure I understand the voice of the user guide. Is it to be more informal: "your machine, your hal file", etc. or is it to be more formal/manual like: "the machine, the hal file", etc. Generally speaking for documentation, etc. I prefer the latter, but I just wanted to understand the requirements before I make edits :)

I'll leave that to you, writing is not my strong point, I only do it because it needs to be done.

More
03 Sep 2020 00:06 #180478 by phillc54

I'm trying to help a friend diagnose his table.

He's having some odd issues, and honestly I wonder if his setup is hosed up. Scribing doesnt work anymore (he says Plasmac strips it out of the g-code).

I have pushed the fix

More
03 Sep 2020 02:10 #180481 by snowgoer540

I'm trying to help a friend diagnose his table.

He's having some odd issues, and honestly I wonder if his setup is hosed up. Scribing doesnt work anymore (he says Plasmac strips it out of the g-code).

I have pushed the fix

Thanks Phill! I walked him through editing it manually and it works great.

I started reading and editing tonight, I’ll keep chipping away at it.

Did we decide if you were doing the .zip log thingy?

Also I still had on my list locking out the MDI during a program run, and also ohmic enable check box is more like ohmic ignore :laugh:

Just still was on my radar, if you want me to strike any off, just let me know. I know stuff comes up though and you’ve been busy!

Thanks again!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds