Feature Request

More
03 Sep 2020 07:19 #180499 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Did we decide if you were doing the .zip log thingy?

I did make a start but bogged down with other stuff

Also I still had on my list locking out the MDI during a program run

???

ohmic enable check box is more like ohmic ignore

To me, if it was Ohmic Ignore then the checkbox would need to be reversed. I hope we are talking about the same thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2020 08:57 #180503 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

Did we decide if you were doing the .zip log thingy?

I did make a start but bogged down with other stuff

Also I still had on my list locking out the MDI during a program run

???

ohmic enable check box is more like ohmic ignore

To me, if it was Ohmic Ignore then the checkbox would need to be reversed. I hope we are talking about the same thing.

No worries, I figured as much.

The MDI thing was that if you are running a program or single cuts etc, and happen to be on the MDI tab and pause motion occurs, you can sometimes forget it’s paused and be really confused when you try to send MDI commands that do nothing. I had mentioned it and you had said it would be possible to lock out in axis but not gmoccapy... honestly not a huge deal, just was a way to save people like me from theirselves.

Basically what the issue is, is when you uncheck ohmic enable, the relay, for the ohmic sensor is still being powered, and the ohmic probe light still shows when the ohmic circuit is completed. All that unchecking ohmic enable really does is have Plasmac ignore the input that says ohmic sensing occurred. Hopefully that describes it better.

More
03 Sep 2020 09:26 - 03 Sep 2020 09:28 #180505 by phillc54
The MDI thing was that if you are running a program or single cuts etc, and happen to be on the MDI tab and pause motion occurs, you can sometimes forget it’s paused and be really confused when you try to send MDI commands that do nothing. I had mentioned it and you had said it would be possible to lock out in axis but not gmoccapy... honestly not a huge deal, just was a way to save people like me from theirselves.[/quote]
I'll have a look tomorrow.

Basically what the issue is, is when you uncheck ohmic enable, the relay, for the ohmic sensor is still being powered, and the ohmic probe light still shows when the ohmic circuit is completed. All that unchecking ohmic enable really does is have Plasmac ignore the input that says ohmic sensing occurred. Hopefully that describes it better.

I "think" that is because you use one of the ohmic components and one/some of them keep ohmic enabled while the machine is on.
I'll have a look tomorrow when the effect of too much grape juice has worn off.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 09:28 by phillc54.

More
03 Sep 2020 11:06 - 03 Sep 2020 11:07 #180521 by snowgoer540

The MDI thing was that if you are running a program or single cuts etc, and happen to be on the MDI tab and pause motion occurs, you can sometimes forget it’s paused and be really confused when you try to send MDI commands that do nothing. I had mentioned it and you had said it would be possible to lock out in axis but not gmoccapy... honestly not a huge deal, just was a way to save people like me from theirselves.

I'll have a look tomorrow.

I "think" that is because you use one of the ohmic components and one/some of them keep ohmic enabled while the machine is on.
I'll have a look tomorrow when the effect of too much grape juice has worn off.

Sounds good on looking tomorrow. Thanks again.

If it helps, my ohmic relay is only on when a program is running, or when I click Ohmic Test, or Probe Test. But maybe the component itself is on all the time?
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 11:07 by snowgoer540.

More
03 Sep 2020 13:02 #180541 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
By definition, components are on all the time. But the signals may not be,

More
03 Sep 2020 13:31 #180544 by snowgoer540

By definition, components are on all the time. But the signals may not be,

Hmm, well would anything in the Ohmic Comp cause the relay to turn on, and the ohmic LED in the GUI to light up when probing while the "Ohmic Enable" check box is unchecked?

More
03 Sep 2020 13:36 #180545 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
Probably yes because there is no need for the component to use the ohmic enable signal. But now there is a check box, we might need to revisit how it interfaces, I have not upgraded for a while so don't have a check box...

More
03 Sep 2020 13:55 #180547 by snowgoer540

Probably yes because there is no need for the component to use the ohmic enable signal. But now there is a check box, we might need to revisit how it interfaces, I have not upgraded for a while so don't have a check box...

Oh. Well that explains it then :laugh: Well come join the party, we've got all sorts of fun stuff cooking over here.

Yea, we should probably interface with that check box then.

More
04 Sep 2020 09:55 #180639 by phillc54
A preview of the config backup:

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, snowgoer540

More
04 Sep 2020 10:38 #180649 by snowgoer540
This is Awesome!!! Good work Phill. I suspect this go a long way to help a lot of people get their tables sorted out.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds