Feature Request

More
25 Aug 2020 02:58 #179303 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Is changing the font size for just buttons a viable option? Change Consumables didnt fit either, so I made it "Change tips" lol

Maybe I'm just being picky I can be a bit of a perfectionist...

It could be done I guess but it would probably look odd if the button only had a few characters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 07:08 #179323 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

Do you use any touch screens?

Nope, i do have 2 of the 7" ones that are collecting dust, but those were the reasons i started messing with the Gremlin as i had it set up to use Touchy on the 7" and gremlin on a 22" monitor above it.

More
25 Aug 2020 11:41 #179357 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request
I did have an idea this morning...

To better suite our customers (:laugh:) what if we had a "Create Log Files" button on the config panel (or extras) that would grab any relevant log files, the <machine>.ini, <machine>.hal, <machine>_connections.hal, and any other relevant files and package them up nicely into a zip file with the date and time, and put them in an easy to find location.

That way when people post their problems on here, we could have a sticky that says "before posting, create a log file to upload with your post". That would go a long way to save time diagnosing stuff, and it would make it easier to get all the helpful files in one swoop.

Just a thought...

More
25 Aug 2020 11:55 - 25 Aug 2020 12:00 #179358 by phillc54

Oh no... :ohmy:

To better suite our customers (:laugh:) what if we had a "Create Log Files" button on the config panel (or extras) that would grab any relevant log files, the <machine>.ini, <machine>.hal, <machine>_connections.hal, and any other relevant files and package them up nicely into a zip file with the date and time, and put them in an easy to find location.

That way when people post their problems on here, we could have a sticky that says "before posting, create a log file to upload with your post". That would go a long way to save time diagnosing stuff, and it would make it easier to get all the helpful files in one swoop.

That just makes too much sense.

Edit: do all distros have the same compression utilities?
Last edit: 25 Aug 2020 12:00 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
25 Aug 2020 12:00 - 25 Aug 2020 12:01 #179360 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Feature Request
Don't you just love it :laugh:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2020 12:01 by Clive S.

More
25 Aug 2020 12:03 #179362 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
I'm really looking forward to the final release of V2.8 becasue that will slow you guys down for a while as your crazy ideas will have to sit in the corner for a while unless we run master branch and then its open slather! :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
25 Aug 2020 12:04 #179363 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

As far as i know, only RAR files need additional install on some distros. TAR is native to Linux, i think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
25 Aug 2020 12:05 #179364 by snowgoer540

Oh no... :ohmy:

That just makes too much sense.

Well I'm happy to do my part on the testing end lol

I am really not sure. I guess we'd be looking at Buster and Mint?

More
25 Aug 2020 12:08 #179365 by snowgoer540

I'm really looking forward to the final release of V2.8 becasue that will slow you guys down for a while as your crazy ideas will have to sit in the corner for a while unless we run master branch and then its open slather! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nobody puts baby in the corner... :laugh: (old movie reference for those who don't get it)

So Phill has mentioned similar, and I'm not sure I understand why? Once it's released, don't updates just work as usual, or no?

More
25 Aug 2020 12:15 #179367 by phillc54

So Phill has mentioned similar, and I'm not sure I understand why? Once it's released, don't updates just work as usual, or no?

Yes, provided that any update is not reliant on a feature of master that is not in the release version.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds