Feature Request

More
24 Jul 2020 13:27 - 24 Jul 2020 13:29 #175634 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

I didn't want to not answer your questions in case there was something hanging out there you were waiting on an answer from me for. I will update, and get back to doing what I do best! Thanks for taking the time to fix these things! Much appreciated.

Hopefully I got it sorted but if not I am confident you will be able to find out. :)

BTW I like the colour (color) of the water in you tray, it reminded me of the Little Colorado River.

Thanks! It's GreenCut by Lube Corp Manufacturing Inc, they're out of Canada. It has a bit of a piney smell to it too, so the garage smells nice when I fill the table haha. Supposedly it's so safe you can drink it (there are videos of the inventor drinking it... I'll just take his word for it) which was a big consideration because my sister's dogs visit me in the garage sometimes and I didn't want to worry about them drinking it when I wasn't looking. And supposedly it doesn't break down into toxic chemicals with the torch arc temperatures. Evidently that's a problem with the home-made compositions. There's a local supplier on my drive home from work, so it seemed like a no brainer.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2020 13:29 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2020 13:55 #175635 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request
I just add 1KG of baking soda and move on! :)
As for the topic, it should be possible to use one of the existing buttons to make the ARCOK stick, and it would be clearly visible when active as they do change colour.

More
24 Jul 2020 15:09 #175642 by snowgoer540

As for the topic, it should be possible to use one of the existing buttons to make the ARCOK stick, and it would be clearly visible when active as they do change colour.

That would be a good brute force method for testing purposes. I just need to figure out what coding I need to do to unlink and setp while code is running, and implement it into a button lol.

More
24 Jul 2020 15:18 #175644 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Feature Request

+ one less than a £1 a Kilo

Re:

So the system errored then paused and you couldn't jog?

Correct. And also after I pressed stop, it sometimes wouldn't let me jog for a few seconds.

Yes I have also seen that problem the screen locks up but some buttons will change stale when clicked on then after some time the screen unfreezes and every thing is normal again. This was about 1 month ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
24 Jul 2020 17:36 - 24 Jul 2020 17:37 #175664 by snowgoer540

I just pushed some fixes which hopefully will sort issues these out.

@Greg, I updated the cut-recovery branch as well.

@Clive, can you recall how it happened as it "should" only affect the manual/single cut feature.

Quick note, I believe users with older hal files will have to comment out the following lines in their <machine_name>.hal to make the latest update work:
#net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
#net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse
#net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop
Last edit: 24 Jul 2020 17:37 by snowgoer540.

More
24 Jul 2020 21:04 #175677 by snowgoer540
Ok, sorry for a bunch of posts while the rest of the world is likely asleep.

So, jogging with F9 is fixed, everything seemed to work well there. Even tried F9 with the torch off, and it found the metal and just stopped like it should. I did not try anything that caused paused motion though to see how that works. I will get to that tomorrow.

After I went to regular 65A consumables, I did discover that Hypertherms do output an Arc-OK in CPA mode after the first true arc. CPA mode must just not work with FineCut consumables. So that helps some things anyways.

That said, I still think there is monumental value in the ability to choose when you ignore the arc-ok. Especially via G-Code.

More
24 Jul 2020 23:53 #175697 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Quick note, I believe users with older hal files will have to comment out the following lines in their <machine_name>.hal to make the latest update work:
#net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
#net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse
#net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop

Yes, that is correct, well the spindle.0.stop at a minimum.

More
24 Jul 2020 23:56 #175699 by phillc54

That said, I still think there is monumental value in the ability to choose when you ignore the arc-ok. Especially via G-Code.

I think we could do a mesh mode that disables THC and ignores lost ARC OK.
It could be either of:
A checkbutton in the run panel.
A User Button so then it is the users option to have it or not.

Either way is fine with me.

More
25 Jul 2020 00:11 #175701 by snowgoer540

It could be either of:

What are the odds of turning it on and off with G-code?

More
25 Jul 2020 00:16 #175702 by phillc54

It could be either of:

What are the odds of turning it on and off with G-code?

If it is done correctly by the developer and the gcode creator, then pretty good... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds