Feature Request

More
23 Jul 2020 10:36 #175504 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request
Unfortunately I don't have any time at the moment as I am half way through revamping the conversational stuff and it's taking a bit longer than I thought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2020 10:48 #175505 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

Unfortunately I don't have any time at the moment as I am half way through revamping the conversational stuff and it's taking a bit longer than I thought.

No worries at all! I will be doing some cutting this weekend, so I will definitely experiment and report back to confirm (or dispel) my suspicions. I did email Hypertherm to confirm that the Arc-OK isnt supposed to stay on in CPA mode, just to be safe.

More
23 Jul 2020 10:50 #175506 by snowgoer540
I did think about a setp to turn the arc-ok permanently true for testing. Would there be adverse effects associated with doing that?

More
23 Jul 2020 10:58 #175507 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request

I did think about a setp to turn the arc-ok permanently true for testing. Would there be adverse effects associated with doing that?

If you looked at some cuts in halscope, you could get a feel how long it takes before the ArcOK comes on and then you could use a time delay component on the torch on signal with unlinkp/setp to synthesise an ArcOK.

More
23 Jul 2020 11:02 #175508 by snowgoer540

If you looked at some cuts in halscope, you could get a feel how long it takes before the ArcOK comes on and then you could use a time delay component on the torch on signal with unlinkp/setp to synthesise an ArcOK.

That's an excellent idea. I know you can unlink and setp, etc real time with hal, but I have to divulge that I have no idea how to make that happen, or where to make that happen even. A new rabbit hole for me to venture down I suppose.

More
23 Jul 2020 11:42 #175521 by rodw
Well, the only way you know is break it!

If you read up on hal from the main docs, you should be able to learn something while breaking things.

It was hard to start with for me but I was kinda forced into it becasue back then the 7i76e was not supported in pncconf so I copied another config and set it up the way I needed.

There is still a bit of cool code on my hal file Todd wrote I simply do not understand so just blindly copy it from config to config!
This is what it does.

More
23 Jul 2020 11:56 #175528 by snowgoer540
Yea, I have a feeling I'll get pretty deep into the weeds this weekend.

That's pretty neat! I know that pretty much anything is possible, but it's cool seeing what people do to customize their builds.

What does the code look like that makes that happen?

More
23 Jul 2020 12:52 - 23 Jul 2020 12:52 #175539 by rodw
I think the code is in the first few pages of my build thread as I did it pretty early. I've now got some stack lights that do the same thing. The flashing light is done with the siggen component (signal generator).

I thought it would be a good idea to be able to see the machine state from the other side of the workshop but in practice it make so much noise its hard to miss if it stops!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2020 12:52 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
23 Jul 2020 12:54 #175540 by rodw
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, snowgoer540

More
23 Jul 2020 13:04 #175541 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

I thought it would be a good idea to be able to see the machine state from the other side of the workshop but in practice it make so much noise its hard to miss if it stops!

A few days back i searched and found it and while thinking about implementing it, it occurred to me that i can notice any change in noise from 30meters away while the machine is cutting so why bother ? :)
Well, that and i could not find anything useful for the lights, but i did try, oh my did i try to find them.
It is a very nice feature, especially in a shop with more than one machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 1.306 seconds