Why is Plasmac and QTplasmac pausing at the end of a cut for no reason?

More
14 Jun 2021 02:52 #211991 by rodw
Yeh M67 is the one synchronised with motion. I've used this post before...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2021 03:37 #211994 by phillc54
That does look odd.

This is using your code as-is, the delay is <=16mS. I could probably do a bit work on that to make it shorter...

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

More
14 Jun 2021 09:47 #212010 by snowgoer540
Is it possible for you to post a backup of your QtPlasmaC config? It might be something simple, or complicated :laugh: you are just over looking.

More
14 Jun 2021 23:53 - 15 Jun 2021 01:23 #212072 by snowgoer540
Just had a look at the cut file you posted.

Your temporary material line is this:

(o=0, ph=4.1, pd=0, ch=2, fr=2239, th=1, cv=99, pe=0.5, jh=0, jd=0)

pe = Sets the pause at end delay.

So your temporary material is set to have a pause at end delay of 0.5 seconds.

Perhaps it got set by accident, or there is an error in the post?
Last edit: 15 Jun 2021 01:23 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
15 Jun 2021 00:04 - 15 Jun 2021 01:09 #212075 by snowgoer540
Not to hijack the thread, but I did make a post about some screwy stuff in the post in the thread about the spotting and Les taking over the PlasmaC post, but I am guessing he is not checking it anymore as I didn't hear back...(or he didnt like the ideas lol)

Take your file for example:
 ;begin statistics
 ;Pierces = 2
 ;end statistics

I would think at a minimum it should also show length of cut.

Anyways, if nothing else, you can stop banging your head against the ... pizza shovel :)
Last edit: 15 Jun 2021 01:09 by snowgoer540.

More
15 Jun 2021 10:56 #212110 by rodw

Just had a look at the cut file you posted.

Your temporary material line is this:

(o=0, ph=4.1, pd=0, ch=2, fr=2239, th=1, cv=99, pe=0.5, jh=0, jd=0)

pe = Sets the pause at end delay.

So your temporary material is set to have a pause at end delay of 0.5 seconds.

Perhaps it got set by accident, or there is an error in the post?

Thanks for the eagle eyes. I must have the post set to use temp settings. It must be that way by default. I'll check that out. I would not have thought I had a pause in any of my Sheetcam tool settings.

There is still the issues that render QTplasmac unusable. Eg. cycle start issue mentioned earlier. To me thats a worry when the one that works for me is depreciated.

More
15 Jun 2021 11:54 #212115 by phillc54

There is still the issues that render QTplasmac unusable. Eg. cycle start issue mentioned earlier. To me thats a worry when the one that works for me is depreciated.

I have never seen that issue. Can you duplicate it in a sim.

More
15 Jun 2021 13:23 #212119 by snowgoer540

It’s difficult to help you further without seeing the backup of your config.

The only other thing I can think to ask, other than what Phill has asked, would be “what version does the title bar show?”. Again without seeing the config stuff the only thing I could possibly think of is that you are on one of the first ever QtPlasmaC versions accidentally.

Unfortunately (or fortunately from my perspective :laugh:) I don’t see this issue... not on VM, or my actual machine, or the old hard drive I tossed in last night that is running Mint 19.2, and I don’t know of any other reports of it which leads me to believe it’s something specific to your config/setup.

Which doesn’t mean there’s not an underlying issue you inadvertently discovered, it’s just that it’s hard to say sitting blind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
20 Jun 2021 00:11 #212448 by rodw
Really strange I don't get updates despite bring subscribed to this thread.
I have not had any time to revisit this.
Its a bit of a mess right now. Error messages are not being displayed and the default Mint theme does not display Sheetcam's screen controls so its unusable too. The only redeeming thing is the touch screen finally decided to work after an apt-get update.

So until I update the OS, its not going forward,

But if you really want to see a messy software project, you should see a C++ Windows project we are just finishing which integrates an Intel Depth Camera, serial port scales, a Zebra Barcode scanner and a Zebra label printer on the network! The purchased Intel API and the Zebra Barcode API would not play together so we had to use a seperate application to control the barcode scanner and use an IPC pipe to send the data to our application. Now if we can just get Windows give us a correct timezone offset, we have it licked!

More
20 Jun 2021 00:28 #212454 by tommylight

...... the default Mint theme does not display Sheetcam's screen controls so its unusable too.

Changing the theme fixes it, but you already know that, so just putting there for the others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds