Why is Plasmac and QTplasmac pausing at the end of a cut for no reason?

More
10 Jun 2021 08:27 #211680 by rodw
I finally had a look at V2.9 using QTplasmac in more detail.I had not attempted to cut anything with it since I installed it a few weeks ago.
With or without leadins or hole modes, or delays at the end of the cut, there was a significant delay at the end of all cuts. So much so, it was wrecking the parts. and flaming out on holes as the material burnt away.

I then rolled back to using my Plasmac config on Gmocappy and the same behaviour was noticed.

There is nothing in the Gcode and I checked everything to make sure end delays are not enabled. I even reviewed all my plasmac cut charts and none of them have a delay set.

I am still observing this and other issues I reported earlier after a dist-upgrade today .
The most concerning is the CYCLE START button is disbaled at the end of the program and rehoming is required to enable it. I can't see there is anything in my config that could alter cycle start behaviour. I have never played with it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2021 16:09 #211713 by snowgoer540
Bummer, that sounds frustrating. I know it’s probably annoying to hear but I don’t see any of that on either the actual table, or the virtual machine. I just did some cutting on Sunday with the latest version of QtPlasmaC. It’s also a bit odd that it came over to PlasmaC as well.

It would be helpful if you could use the backup button on either the parameters or settings tab (depending on GUI display size) in the QtPlasmaC GUI and post the backup file here.

The backup from PlasmaC probably couldn’t hurt either.

It may also be helpful if you posted the gcode file you are using for testing as well.

Otherwise it makes it difficult to help sort out what might be going on. It’s certainly a good starting place.

More
10 Jun 2021 17:10 #211716 by tommylight

The most concerning is the CYCLE START button is disbaled at the end of the program and rehoming is required to enable it.

That usually happens if one of the DUAL limits is triggered while cutting, usually at the start or end of cut. Never bothered to check as it happened while i was tuning the machine, never while in use. I do get the arc lost at the end of the cut though, but this is a new machine so a bit of dbounce should do.
Since we are here, i would insist ( to the point of risking it to get slapped silly by Phill or Snowwy, or both) on having the list of errors and warnings on one of the tabs, as it is the error is displayed only in the lower left for a very short period of time and dissapears when moving the mouse.

More
10 Jun 2021 21:44 #211735 by snowgoer540

The most concerning is the CYCLE START button is disbaled at the end of the program and rehoming is required to enable it.

That usually happens if one of the DUAL limits is triggered while cutting, usually at the start or end of cut. Never bothered to check as it happened while i was tuning the machine, never while in use. I do get the arc lost at the end of the cut though, but this is a new machine so a bit of dbounce should do.
Since we are here, i would insist ( to the point of risking it to get slapped silly by Phill or Snowwy, or both) on having the list of errors and warnings on one of the tabs, as it is the error is displayed only in the lower left for a very short period of time and dissapears when moving the mouse.

There is actually supposed to be a popup in the top right corner. When I was on Mint, I did not get them. This is a QTVCP thing and not a QtPlasmaC thing. I reported this to Chris, but it’s really hard to tell what is causing the problem. I do know that going to MX Linux solved it for me (among other things and it’s much snappier).

So you, me, and Cody (on Buster) have seen a lack of popups. Maybe it warrants renewing the post I made in the qtvcp section. I wouldn’t know where to start in looking into the root of the problem though. And seemingly without experiencing the problem, neither did anyone else. So I went to MX Linux.

At any rate, I don’t want to slap you :laugh:. But I do think we need to figure something out to get it working in a consistent way across builds, or something.

More
10 Jun 2021 21:46 #211736 by snowgoer540
I know this is all off topic to Rod’s problem, but here is the aforementioned post:

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/41514-inconsistent-error-messages

More
10 Jun 2021 22:58 #211751 by tommylight
I will continue to get slapped there, thank you.
@Rod,
Did you check the dbounce timings? Namely the arcok one.

More
11 Jun 2021 07:17 #211780 by rodw

I know this is all off topic to Rod’s problem, but here is the aforementioned post:

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/41514-inconsistent-error-messages

Offtopic but relevant cos I don't see any popups either. I do in Gmoccapy.

I might revert to the standard ISO. I just hate the desktop! So unfriendly.

I also have lost the touch screen that just installed on 17.3 out of the box.

More
11 Jun 2021 07:19 #211781 by rodw

What erorrs? I see none!

More
11 Jun 2021 07:21 #211782 by rodw

I will continue to get slapped there, thank you.
@Rod,
Did you check the dbounce timings? Namely the arcok one.

No need, I use the spindle SSR relay.

More
11 Jun 2021 10:27 #211790 by tommylight
SSR is all good, but your issue is with arcok, so check if it is set to long since it pauses at the end of the cut.
I did see a strange pause at the start of the cut where the machine would move to the coordinates in gcode do probing and wait for 15 seconds before firing the torch. This was twice with a fresh install of Mint 19.3/RT/master on two PC/machines and never repeated again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds