New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
01 Aug 2021 01:39 - 01 Aug 2021 01:39 #216563 by phillc54
I don't know enough about these ohmic components, you may need to connect the is-probing pin, something like:
net plasmac:ohmic-enable ohmicsense.is-probing

Then if you press the Ohmic Test button and your switch you may see some action. Put a watch on ohmicsense.ohmic-on

Last edit: 01 Aug 2021 01:39 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2021 01:42 #216565 by acourtjester
Do you have a recommended location for that line, Along with the others in the custom Hal??

More
01 Aug 2021 01:44 #216566 by phillc54
Sorry, yeah with those others in custom.hal

More
01 Aug 2021 01:45 #216568 by acourtjester
will do thanks report in the morning

More
01 Aug 2021 02:21 #216574 by acourtjester
Ok now I wanting to know about this that you said
 the plasmac.ohmic-probe pin is a generic probe pinout, it can be used by relay (which is what I use)
Would you share the circuit????

this is what I am using on my other table, very simple and works great, water shorts it out sometime, I just dry it and go on.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2021 02:47 #216575 by phillc54
I have some preliminary docs that I started, I'll put something together tomorrow.

More
01 Aug 2021 06:47 #216584 by rodw

Ok with the 3 lines in the custom Hal QTPlasmaC starts  When I look at the Hal show for the Ohmic sense values the attached screen shop will explain what happens.  The Arc-on changes from red to yellow when the switch is pressed. 

If arc-on is going to yellow, then its all wired in OK!
I had a look at the component source code in git hub.You do need to add the line Phil Suggested:
net plasmac:ohmic-enable ohmicsense.is-probing

I think you need to press the Probe Test button in QTplasmac while pressing your switch before the LED will light up in the gui. Make the change above and see how it goes when you press the Probe Test..

I'm sorry, but it seems the example in the docs for ohmic.comp is missing some hal lines in the example. I'll try and get that updated.

I think you are so close, there is no point using your relay just yet. The Plasmac ohmic probing is designed to be used with a couple of relays so you might not just be able to use your circuit without modification.

More
01 Aug 2021 17:07 - 02 Aug 2021 00:07 #216632 by acourtjester
You guys are lucky you in Australia you don't see my happy dance (not good at all  ).  The probe functions seems to work well, I'm sure I need to make adjustments to the travel.  But the probe moves down stops and moves up and stops without touching the limit switch.  In the small probe box it has countdown numbers.  The Ohmic check still does nothing weather I push it first or after the switch is pressed, the Ohmic indicator does not light ever.  That may be another line of code but at this point I don't care.  I did have the ohmic probe enable lighted.
I greatly appreciate the the time you all spent helping me with this startup, your perseverance and patience to stay with me is admirable.

Last edit: 02 Aug 2021 00:07 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
01 Aug 2021 21:49 #216648 by rodw
OK, 2 things for you to do. Can you grab a multimeter and a screw driver and adjust the power supply so you are seeing 24.0 volts on the power supply output.
Can you  open up the same halshow watch window and monitor the ohmic-on signal when the circuit is closed AND the probe test button is pressed?
When you press the ohmic_test button, does is-probing go yellow? It should.

The Arc-on signal goes on when the voltage is > 24.5 volts which should not happen if the power supply is properly calibrated to output 24.0 volts. You are getting > 26 volts

Just to describe how this works.

The THCAD is monitoring the voltages correctly. When the voltage > 22 volts (ohmic-threshold) AND is-probing is on (yellow) Ohmic-on should go yellow (on). It should stay on until the voltage falls below 1 volt (ohmic-low)

More
02 Aug 2021 00:09 #216654 by acourtjester
I tried to edit my post twice thanks to snowgoer540 also for your help too.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds