New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
29 Jul 2021 21:00 #216269 by rodw
Tom,
I think the settings are correct originally
The way the ohmic3 code is written, it just accepts the raw data as inputs and there is no need to use a calculator that way. 
(We let the computer do the maths)
So the thcad frequencies should be set to the ones on the calibration sticker.
The thcad divider should be set to what is set on the  link on the THCAD board. It should be set to 1/32 so 32 is required here.
Provided the 390 k resistor is used in the ohmic sense circuit, the volt divider should be set to 4.9. This gives a full scale of 24.5 volts.
You need to check the isolated ohmic power supply is outputting 24 volts and adjust the calibration screw to achieve this.

The problem you have is that the ohmic-on output is not connected to the plasmac input. Normally this is done when you configure QTplasmac the first time. Today that is done in pncconf.

So revert the settings to what they were in custom hal and  add this to your main hal file
# --- Connect Ohmic Probe ---
net plasmac:ohmic-probe <= ohmicsense.ohmic-on

I think it should work then. I will let Phil chime in if I have got that connection wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2021 16:04 #216356 by acourtjester
I have attached a PDF file with the results of adding the 2 lines from the post above, and some other info that I looked at.  Not sure as to how helpful it is be I am trying to get this wrapped up, it seems so close.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2021 23:36 #216413 by phillc54
The fist pic seems to indicate that the ohmic component has not loaded.

You can access encoder B if you select the corect firmware in the Configuration Page shown in the second pic. It wont help though as ohmic is not included in PnCconf.

ohmic-enable would normally be used to turn on any relays used to enaable ohmic senseing, I don't know if the ohmic3 component uses it or not.

Can you post your current machine and custom hal files.

More
31 Jul 2021 00:22 #216415 by rodw
The ohmic3.comp should be loaded per the loadrt command in his custom.hal
The ini file shared showed that custom.hal was being loaded.
It should be named ohmicsense by that file.
As with any missing pin, comment the offending line out, and review halshow to check the component is loaded and what the pin name is.

Ohmic3 does not need the ohmic-enable signal

More
31 Jul 2021 16:35 #216465 by acourtjester
here is the last info you asked for in a Zip file, I hope we can work this out as it seems to be the last huddle.  I do thank you all for your time and knowledge.  I am here to be your eyes and hands on the ground here

File Attachment:

File Name: toms_test_...7-31.zip
File Size:82 KB
Attachments:

More
31 Jul 2021 21:10 #216497 by acourtjester
Just a thought with my limited knowledge it looks to me that this Pncconf may be setup to use a different type of Ohmic sensor. Like a feather touch or other brand, These would use a input signal to the 7I76E board. The Pncconf input pins can be selected for a Ohmic sensor other then the Encoder B.

More
31 Jul 2021 21:34 #216501 by rodw
So the installation of ohmic3.comp was discussed here in this thread here
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...-05?start=290#212684
A link was provided to this post where it could be downloaded
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38848-hyperse...ons?start=210#175839

From what I could see you installed all of this because I would have expected an error about ohmic3.comp not found before the pin was not found.
Can you open halshow then open the pins part of the tree and confirm ohmicsense exists?
If we get that far, can you then open the ohmicsense tree  and share a screen dump of its pins?

More
31 Jul 2021 21:39 - 31 Jul 2021 21:40 #216505 by rodw

Just a thought with my limited knowledge it looks to me that this Pncconf may be setup to use a different type of Ohmic sensor. Like a feather touch or other brand, These would use a input signal to the 7I76E board. The Pncconf input pins can be selected for a Ohmic sensor other then the Encoder B.

Yes, originally Plasmac was using a circuit using relays which is described in the plasma primer here
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...r.html#ohmic-sensing

Then PCW came up with the idea that became hypersensing with ohmic3.comp
Last edit: 31 Jul 2021 21:40 by rodw.

More
31 Jul 2021 23:36 #216526 by phillc54
It is kinda convoluted, the plasmac.ohmic-probe pin is a generic probe pinput, it can be used by relay (which is what I use) or by ohmic or ohmic3. This pin is fed from a debounce component, the input of which is db_ohmic.in using a signal named plasmc:ohmic-probe.

I thought you were using ohmic3 but you are loading ohmic in custom.hal
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/ohmic.9.html

You seem to be missing these two lines from custom.hal:
net ohmic-vel ohmicsense.velocity-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.01.velocity
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => plasmac.ohmic-probe

More
01 Aug 2021 00:10 #216536 by acourtjester
Here  is what you asked for Rod

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds