New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
25 Jul 2021 01:09 #215828 by rodw

It kinda defeats the whole purpose of a machine hal and a custom hal.

Yeh, I was hoping to run his config up on a 7i76e and sort it out for him. If QTplasmac behaves for me on another PC I have at home..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2021 14:32 #215958 by acourtjester

You would be best served having custom hal code in custom.hal rather than your main hal file, that way your main hal file can still be changed by pncconf.

You seem to be missing the loadrt and addf lines.

I'm following the instruction given. I'm a rookie so don't venture out to much.  My approach is to tackle one item at a time.  One of the videos I watched stated to start with a basic config and then change it as you go along to expand operations.  I had a good start and when back to add/change home/limits switches configuration and that blew it up and I had to start over.  Now I build a bogus configuration file to copy the changes from it to the one I am using.  I did not know where the other encode selection was, so thanks for pointing that to me.  When I get to the point of cutting metal with the ohmic sensor and the THC working I will be happy and stop asking questions.   Thanks again   Tom
If needed I will copy the whole folder that has the Machine name and zip and attach it here.

More
26 Jul 2021 14:47 #215960 by snowgoer540

If needed I will copy the whole folder that has the Machine name and zip and attach it here.

There's a nice "BACKUP CONFIG" button in the UTILITIES section of the PARAMETERS Tab that does this all for you, and copies all the necessary stuff (in addition to the version number, etc.) for us to make helping you easier. :)

You can also use it to make a handy backup of the entire QtPlasmaC setup once you get it the way you want it.

A quick read about it can be found here (if you're interested): linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#qt_backup

More
26 Jul 2021 16:30 #215964 by acourtjester
here is the compressed config file from the system today. At this point I have not enabled the second encoder as PhillC had instructed, but will do that today.   

File Attachment:

File Name: machine_lo...4-39.txt
File Size:0 KB

Rod the "E" stop works perfectly, homed the axis and hit the "E" stop and both the Power and "E" stop buttons went out. reset the switch and back running Thanks.
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2021 17:12 #215968 by snowgoer540
That looks like the log file.  

If you clicked the backup config button, it would have dumped a .tar.gz file in your home directory.  

<machine_name>_<version>_<date>_<time>.tar.gz

So something like:
plasma_V1.0.56_21-07-26_10_23_39.tar.gz

More
26 Jul 2021 19:04 #215976 by acourtjester
Sorry rookie mistake
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2021 20:05 #215981 by acourtjester
The addition of the encoder selection in the Pncconf to the Hal file made no change to the voltage display. Attaching a 9 volt battery to the Arc voltage input is still only shown in Hal show. I am using a connector to the controller with only the Arc OK and Arc voltage connection. I connect the wires for Arc Ok together and then attach the wires to the 9 volt battery for testing the signals. It is not connected to my Hypertherm, as I do not think that would make any difference.

More
26 Jul 2021 20:40 #215986 by rodw
Tom, you do not have these settings configured
Arc Voltage Offset = 0
Arc Voltage Scale = 1

I did ask earlier but on the back your two THCAD boards, there is a white sticker. Can you post up these two values for both boards please?
I'll have a look at it for you tonight but its 6:30am here so it will be a while...

More
26 Jul 2021 23:18 #215993 by snowgoer540
In "toms_test.hal", you need to uncomment this line (remove the #):
#net plasmac:arc-voltage-in => plasmac.arc-voltage-in

in "custom.hal", the following two lines are redundant, delete them (they are in toms_test.hal already):
setp hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.scale -1
setp hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.counter-mode 1

in "custom.hal, add the following line:
setp hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.01.filter        1

As Rod pointed out, your Voltage Scale and Voltage Offset need to be set. They are located in the ARC section of CONFIGURATION section on the PARAMETERS tab. You can use the numbers on the white label on the rear of the THCAD for the arc voltage and this calculator to get the values: jscalc.io/calc/NTr5QDX6WgMThBVb

Also, double check that the values for these lines in "custom.hal" match the white label on the back of the OHMIC THCAD:
setp ohmicsense.thcad-0-volt-freq    138300
setp ohmicsense.thcad-max-volt-freq  966400

I did attach the updated files as well for the changes I mentioned at the top.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
26 Jul 2021 23:24 #215994 by phillc54
If you use PnCconf on an existing config and add an arc voltage enoder it will put the required scale and offset values in a file ending in "new" in the config directory.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds