New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
20 Jul 2021 01:39 - 20 Jul 2021 01:41 #215358 by acourtjester
Hi Phillc
Here I am again with my hat in hand, I tried to progress in the next step of configuring for Ohmic sensing and THC.  I tried to copy the info from the manual in to the Hal file and it did not go well.  Either I put it in the wrong place or it conflicted with other lines.  Happy to have the files backed up so am back where I started.  I have attached the INI. Hal and the Show Error file for you to look over, any help is appreciated.  Also what I tried to copy into Hal from the manual.  I did make the change from encoder 2 to 1 Per Rod's info
Thanks Tom 

File Attachment:

File Name: problems.zip
File Size:7 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2021 01:41 by acourtjester.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2021 02:05 #215360 by phillc54
You would be best served having custom hal code in custom.hal rather than your main hal file, that way your main hal file can still be changed by pncconf.

You seem to be missing the loadrt and addf lines.

More
20 Jul 2021 15:20 #215421 by acourtjester
thank you for the reply and the info, may I remind you I had zero experience with LinuxCNC but a very strong desire to learn and use it on my new table. In the instructions as to the copy and paste the file name was not custom.hal. I will now do that and in addition where do I fine loadrt and addf line and exactly where do I place them. I have come a distance with yours and others help and I am grateful for it.

More
20 Jul 2021 23:47 - 20 Jul 2021 23:49 #215447 by phillc54
No worries, you will get there. I didn't read the instructions for ohmic so I didn't know.
Basically I was saying that it is best not to modify the machine hal file that PnCconf creates so that you can modify it later ith PnCconf. So keep all custom changes in the custom.hal file which doesn't get overwriten by PnCconf.
The two lines I referred to are the first two uncommented line in the zip file you posted, they should also go in the custom.hal file. So that entire zip file contents should be custom.hal.
the lines:
unlinkp debounce.0.2.in
net ohmic-true ohmic-sense.ohmic-on => debounce.0.2.in
needs to be changed to:
unlink db_ohmic.in
net ohmic-true ohmic-sense.ohmic-on => db_ohmic.in
The "debounce" refers to the old PlasmaC configs, and was changed quite some time go.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2021 23:49 by phillc54. Reason: atrocious spelling

More
21 Jul 2021 00:09 #215451 by rodw
This post has a reasonably up to date process to install Ohmic3 which utilises a seperate hal file as Phill suggested.
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...-05?start=220#210572
Don't forget to change the frequency settings!
I was hoping to finalise this once I get a working master branch config with QT plasmac operational but as Phill knows, thats been a bit problematic for me the last 24 hours.......

More
21 Jul 2021 14:32 - 21 Jul 2021 14:34 #215496 by acourtjester
Thanks again for the reply with updated info.  Attached is a notepad file which shows the changes to the infor for the Hal custom file.  Showing the change to encoder 1 and the setting from my THCAD freq values.  And at the bottom shows what is currently in the Hal custom file.  Do I add info to the file or remove the lower info and have just the added info?? 
Interesting note I use Notepad++ to look at the files on my house PC, well making changes with that do not carry onto the Linux PC, so now I make a notepad file with any changes move it to the Linux PC to copy and paste on the linux PC files.  

File Attachment:

File Name: PhillcHALC...FILE.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2021 14:34 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
21 Jul 2021 23:19 - 22 Jul 2021 09:30 #215531 by phillc54
Yes, keep the existing and add all the ohmic stuff below that. There should also be other net commands there as well to connect the othe plasma signals, like float, torch on arc ok etc.  Oops, that was for Plasmac...

I do see an odd character in there on this line:
# --- Replace Plasmac�s Ohmic sensing signal ---

I think you can set notepad++ to do unix style line endings. It is years since I used a Windows machine so I am not 100% sure...
Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 09:30 by phillc54.

More
22 Jul 2021 16:35 #215602 by acourtjester
Here is what that line actually had in it, there may be a translation error for special characters from Notepad to Linux. That had be talked about on Plasma Spider about DXF file from on software package to another.

# --- Replace Plasmac’s Ohmic sensing signal ---
Also here is a list of the formats that Notepad++ will save files in.

Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2021 20:42 - 22 Jul 2021 20:49 #215615 by acourtjester
Ok new report,  I copied the info to the Custom Hal file, and I then could not start up QTPlasmaC.  The error box show a problem with a line in the file I deleted that line.  After a few more errors and removing the lines it showed I was back to starting QTPlasmaC  I have attached the custom Hal file after the coping in the additional info and an image showing the lines I removed.  The Ohmic sensor does not work (I assume the light will light when it does work, image attached).  The Float switch does work and show with the float light when activated.   I have the THCAD 5 wired to the encoder B is that correct??that is what is shown in the Hypersensing diagram.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom.hal
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 20:49 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
22 Jul 2021 23:35 #215619 by phillc54
Do you have the custom firmware file in the 7i76e?

I "think" it is 7i76e_7i76x1_Dpl.bit

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds