New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
27 Jul 2021 23:27 - 27 Jul 2021 23:45 #216080 by snowgoer540
deleted, no need for more confusion from my confusion :)
Last edit: 27 Jul 2021 23:45 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 23:46 #216083 by snowgoer540
I saw your one arrow is pointing at the "-2" for the arc voltage.  If this bothers you, you can set a window for which the GUI will display 0 and not fluctuate.  This wont affect normal cutting.  That is explained here:  linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#_zero_window

More
28 Jul 2021 00:26 #216086 by rodw
I checked yesterday that your ohmic sensing offset and scale was set correctly in  your custom.hal

See what happens if you jog the Z axis down until the torch touches the material. It should light up in the GUI

More
28 Jul 2021 01:12 #216090 by acourtjester
Sorry guys it seems my image was not clear enough. The top arrow with to point at Arc OK and the lower one was for Ohmic sensor indicators. Voltage display not a worry as I did see the expected volts with the 9 volt battery attached. I did have the ohmic box lit when I was trying to get an indication. And it did not show in Hal Show. I am using a micro switch in place of the torch tip and metal surface, switch closed = tip on metal. There is box on the parameters page that is for ohmic offset, that is what I thought needed a value in place of the 00.0 that is in there now.

Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2021 01:15 #216091 by phillc54
You only need to adjust that if probe testing setup shows the height as incorrect. This is to compensate for any debounce delays etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acourtjester

More
28 Jul 2021 01:25 #216093 by snowgoer540
You cant just touch the tip to the metal and expect the Ohmic light to light up the same as it does if you pick up the float switch or pull the breakaway.

To get the ohmic to light up, you would have to touch the tip to the metal AND press OHMIC TEST.  Then it should light up.

Alternatively, it would light up during a PROBE TEST cycle (and maybe you are saying this is where it fails)

More
28 Jul 2021 01:29 #216095 by rodw
Also, I was wrong. If you jog down so the torch is touching the material and then click the ohmic test button, the ohmic led in the GUI will light up. 
If it doesn't monitor ohmicsense.ohmic-on in halshow while doing that and see if it lights up.
Id that does come on Phill needs to tell you how to contact that pin in Plasmac so it is seen.

More
28 Jul 2021 01:39 #216096 by acourtjester
Ah yes the experts explain where I have been assuming the wrong operation. I thought is acted just like a home or limit switch. It does act like that in Mach or UCCNC. I will check that in the morning.

More
29 Jul 2021 18:55 - 29 Jul 2021 18:58 #216252 by acourtjester
Ok I had a few minutes out in the shop I have a switch acting like the torch touching the metal. When closing the switch and clicking on the Ohmic test the Ohmic light does not come on. I do have Ohmic button enabled. When I push the Probe test button the Z moves down about 2" stops backs up and small amount sets the DRO to 0.1200 then backs up again and stops and sets the DRO to 0.00. If I push the switch it does nothing, just completes the movements above. I checked the circuit and the +24 volt supply and all looks as it should.
I did go through the homing sequence before doing any of the above actions.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2021 18:58 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
29 Jul 2021 20:21 #216263 by acourtjester
Looking to find something I checked the input to the THCAD-5 with the switch closed shows about 19.4 volts. Looking at the write up for the Ohmic circuit attached below. the values for my board are in the file. I don't know if this is something but the voltage divider in my file is 4.9 and the write up show 32??

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.958 seconds