New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
09 May 2021 20:50 #208415 by tommylight

So I should be fine plugging one end to +24v and the to input pin?

Yes, if the schematics provided are correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2021 13:20 #208477 by TexasCNC
Ok let me try that and see if that works.

More
13 May 2021 02:21 #208684 by TexasCNC
Ok so I hooked up the relay and I tested it and I hear the relay click. I look at Mesa board and I see the led dim on the input and output ports and when I enable to the torch in I see the output pin led light up brighter. But on the float switch I am not seeing it light up on the GUI or in the Hal show. I see the led dim on the float switch port on board and when hit the float I see the led on board light up but not on my GUI. I flipped the wires and still the same thing. Do I need to invert the pin? This is the same thing on the breakaway switch.

More
13 May 2021 02:45 #208686 by phillc54
If the LED on the GUI is on normally then goes off when you trip the switch then the pin will need to be inverted.

More
13 May 2021 03:42 #208687 by TexasCNC
Also I was looking at my stepper settings and I am looking at my previous machine and I am using the same motors and drivers but on the pnc wizard it’s in mm and on the stepconfig wizard it’s in inches do I need to convert to mm? I did that and converted to mm but the test does not look to be traveling the distance it’s suppose to.

More
13 May 2021 03:46 #208688 by phillc54
When you use either wizard you need to set the units system to what you require. I think they both default to inch, so if you want metric you change it before you continue through the wizard.

More
13 May 2021 03:54 #208689 by TexasCNC
If I change it in the pncconfig right now will it change it on plasmac? Or do I need to start all over on the configurator?

More
13 May 2021 04:00 #208690 by phillc54
You can change it in pncconf only if you have not edited the machines .hal or .ini files. If you have run PlasmaC and it has built its default parameters based on the config then you will need to check ALL the parameters in PlasmaC to ensure that they are correct.

More
13 May 2021 04:17 #208691 by TexasCNC
So on the wizard even though it say mm for the pitch I put it in inches and it will automatically change it?

More
13 May 2021 04:22 #208692 by phillc54
if it is pncconf, on the "Base Information" page you will see below the machine name a box with either "Inch" or "mm" on it click it and select the units you want. All other entries are then done based on what you selected there.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds