Please Help - How to Configure a 5 Axis Head-Head

More
07 Aug 2023 20:55 - 07 Aug 2023 22:10 #277283 by IronManDylan
Aciera
Yes I am using a Mac. I did that, the files extension won't upload here.  Trying to compress another way but am not having luck.

Edit: I simply removed the .7z extension and added .tar.  Hopefully you can open it by changing the extension back 

Edit2: Maybe I should state that the compressed file that is attached to this message is different from the one in the google drive. Here I have deleted the files associated with qtdragon (I thought maybe those were tripping it up). I have also deleted and recopied the 'python' and 'psng' files as I thought those may be causing an issues. However, both those modifications have yielded the same result. 

Is it possible the issue is coming from either of the pyvcp files? Is it possible that the install of python3 I did earlier to work with probe_basic could be causing the issue?  

I am going to add the error image again for easier reference. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2023 22:10 by IronManDylan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2023 21:07 - 07 Aug 2023 21:15 #277284 by IronManDylan
rodw
this is the code I have been using: 

setp timedelay.0.on-delay 5                
net spindle-on => timedelay.0.in                    
net spindle-timer <= timedelay.0.out
net spindle-timer => spindle.0.at-speed

Isn't pin 'spindle.0.at-speed' connected to pin 'timedelay.0.out' through signal spindle-timer? 

Edit: if you do not see anything wrong with this I think maybe it is working and that the delay is just set very short.  Possibly this is in microseconds and not seconds? I cannot test that hypothesis though until I get the machine to upload gcode again...

Last edit: 07 Aug 2023 21:15 by IronManDylan.

More
07 Aug 2023 23:02 #277288 by rodw
Its seconds so should work. Ref: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/man/man9/timedelay.9.html
Time to go to halshow and watch the variables are changing state first the delay and then the spindle
Axis menu: show hal configuration

More
08 Aug 2023 01:49 - 08 Aug 2023 01:52 #277300 by IronManDylan
Ah, thats a good idea (though I was initially looking at hal meter and hal scope).  Weirdly, spindle.0.at-speed never seems to go high. 

However. I think it is no longer an issue, as I think Tommy deserves a win here, I have modified line 659 of the linux post processor to say:
case COMMAND_START_SPINDLE:
forceSpindleSpeed = false;
writeBlock(sOutput.format(spindleSpeed), mFormat.format(tool.clockwise ? 3 : 4));
writeBlock("G04 P5");
return;

and now I get a pause baked right into my gcode WITHOUT having to remember to write it in after each gcode post.  Thank you Tommy  ;) :)

And that shoulddd really do the trick, as long as LCNC does indeed listen to the 'G04 P5' command that is...   So no pressure Aciera, but I will be saying a prayer to Linux the Penguin God of CNC that you are able to find out what is causing that error when you have the time tomorrow :)

Thank you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 01:52 by IronManDylan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
08 Aug 2023 09:12 - 08 Aug 2023 21:31 #277320 by Aciera
Well, try what I may but I cannot reproduce the error when loading a file.
So I cleaned up your config folder and got rid of all the hidden duplicate files that were still there.You seemed to be missing the patch that fixed the DRO in the ProbeScreen and also the '.axisrc' which you might not have been able to see because your file manager may be hiding those files
Note that to toggle the visibility of hidden files in the linux filemanager you need to press 'Ctrl' 'h'.

So please unzip the attached config folder and try to start that, then report.

Also note that when you choose 'Create Archive ...' to compress a file you can choose the archive type using the drop down menu in the lower left corner of the window. Usually '.zip' is accepted for uploads.

[edit]
Actually it turns out that '.zip' does not conserve file permissions by default (as can be seen later in the thread). So '.tar' would be better.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 21:31 by Aciera. Reason: add note about non conservation of file permissions in .zip archives

More
08 Aug 2023 09:42 #277321 by Aciera
I'll also attach my xyzab-srt simulation config with the ProbeScreen integration since I know this to work on my installation.
So if the cleaned up config from the last post still does not work you may want to try this one and see whether the error also appears here or not.
Attachments:

More
08 Aug 2023 16:39 - 08 Aug 2023 16:52 #277335 by IronManDylan
Aciera
Well whatever you did fixed one problem it seems, but not I am getting a similar issue.  Image attached.  Looks like this time we may know where it is? 

Also, where should the .axisrc be placed? I thought it should be under ~./dylan not in the config folder?

Edit: btw this message is appearing when I try to load gcode, just like the other message.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 16:52 by IronManDylan.

More
08 Aug 2023 17:08 #277337 by Aciera

Also, where should the .axisrc be placed? I thought it should be under ~./dylan not in the config folder?

Yes, if you have it in ~/.axisrc (which is the same as /home/.axisrc) then that is fine, which may be what you meant.

Have you tried running the attached sim config folder? If so, did you get any errors running it?

More
08 Aug 2023 17:21 - 08 Aug 2023 17:21 #277339 by IronManDylan
So I noticed that a lot of the macros from the 'psng' folder were missing from your cleaned up version of you sent. When I added those back I got the same error from before :/

I just tried launching it.  I got this error when it failed to launch.

edit: yeah thats the location I meant
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 17:21 by IronManDylan.

More
08 Aug 2023 17:24 #277340 by Aciera
Ok, but have you tried running the the config from this post?
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ead?start=170#277321

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds