Work with probe

More
29 Jul 2019 18:25 #140908 by hatch789
Replied by hatch789 on topic Work with probe
bumping, just to try to understand the full solution here.

After one downloads the v2 project from github, is there a concise list of updates/fixes that should be applied? There seems to be some manual things you guys were discussing to fix problems with the routine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2019 17:59 #145983 by Samu_97
Replied by Samu_97 on topic Work with probe
Hi good day.
I have a problem with the probe tab adjustment. I have integrated probe_Screen_v2 in axis (2.7.14), following the guide provided, but part of the icons cannot be seen because they are off the screen.
I have observed all this thread, and in all your installations, the manual control and mdi tab narrows to leave more space to the simulation tab, dro and probescreen. This does not happen in my installation and exceeds the limits of which I know.
I have .axisrc in its corresponding site and also the icons of the resolution size appropriate to my screen, although it smells like this is not the problem.
I hope someone can give me some help on this.
Sorry if it's hard to understand me, English is not my native language :) I include a catch that I hope will clarify the problem.

regards

Attachments:

More
23 Sep 2019 18:06 #145985 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Work with probe
You are using a 15" screen with 1024X768 pixel resolution, and that is most probably to small for all the icons to show properly.
Get a used 17" or bigger monitor as i do not think there is a way around this, other than shrinking each and every icon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samu_97

More
23 Sep 2019 19:03 #145989 by Samu_97
Replied by Samu_97 on topic Work with probe
problem solved !!
my monitor is 17 ". But in the screen configuration it does not allow to select a resolution higher than 1024x768. I searched google and quickly found how to change the resolution with Xorg.
Now everything looks perfect ...
Thank so much for your help!!!
regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, verser

More
23 Sep 2019 21:08 #146003 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Work with probe
Glad you got it working.
Regards,
Tom.

More
24 Sep 2019 04:00 #146029 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Work with probe

After one downloads the v2 project from github, is there a concise list of updates/fixes that should be applied? There seems to be some manual things you guys were discussing to fix problems with the routine.

I try to keep Probe Screen up to date. Please, if something is forgotten, report it.

More
03 Nov 2019 12:01 #149481 by fl.rene
Replied by fl.rene on topic Work with probe
Hello all,

My name is Rene and a week ago I decided to implement Probe_Screen_v2 to my Hobby-LinuxCNC-machine because I think it is very useful to get some additional information about the requested tool during manual tool change!!

Many thanks to the developer!!! The instructions for the installation are really helpful and is was easy to implement Probe Screen to LinuxCNC! I followed the instructions as described, copied all files to the right location including the hidden .axisrc file, did the changes in ini and hal and changed some variables in the ini to match my machine...

Almost everything is working as expected, but I got only one issue during the tool change routine as I described in
forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/36973-error-...obe-screen-v2#149480

I hope I'll get it to work soon.
Any help or tips are very appreciated!!!!

Thanks a lot to all and greetings from Austria.
RENE
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh

More
09 Nov 2019 16:46 - 09 Nov 2019 17:29 #149993 by bluephoenix
Replied by bluephoenix on topic Work with probe
Hello,
I am running the vers.by Touchprobe and have some issues with the remapping of M6. The probe itself is working and I can measure the tool sensor height and the workpiece height.
But when I want to start my milling routine, the remapping of M6 does not work. The machine is moving to the tool change position, but no popup window appears.
I found out, that the routine manual_change.ngc is entered correctly, but in line 29, where it says

; using the code being remapped here means 'use builtin behaviour'
M6

the program stops and no popup message appears. Any idea and what is the builtin behaviour?
I am using 2.7.14 with gmoccapy and the touchprobe V2.
I saw the thread with the % character problem, but I do not have a percent character.

Regards
Albert
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 17:29 by bluephoenix.

More
09 Nov 2019 19:16 #150002 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Work with probe
my glasball says, you have not closed the tool change loop.

Norbert

More
09 Nov 2019 21:15 #150013 by bluephoenix
Replied by bluephoenix on topic Work with probe
Hi Norbert,

sorry, for not being precise.
In my ini file I have the follwoing for the probe screen and for the remapping:

[DISPLAY]
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Probe Screen
EMBED_TAB_LOCATION = ntb_preview
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x {XID} -u python/probe_screen.py -H probe_icons_1024x768/probe_screen.hal probe_icons_1024x768/probe_screen.glade

[RS274NGC]
SUBROUTINE_PATH = macros
PARAMETER_FILE = linuxcnc.var
FEATURES=30
#ON_ABORT_COMMAND=O <on_abort> call
REMAP=M6 modalgroup=6 prolog=change_prolog ngc=manual_change epilog=change_epilog

My custom_postgui.hal file includes this and I have commented out everything from the settings, where I only had a tool sensor and no touchprobe, which actually worked at that time.

# tool change
# in case they were linked already
unlinkp iocontrol.0.tool-change
unlinkp iocontrol.0.tool-changed

net tool-prep-loopback iocontrol.0.tool-prepare <= iocontrol.0.tool-prepared

# AS wegen vers.by probe net tool-change gmoccapy.toolchange-change <= iocontrol.0.tool-change
# AS wegen vers.by probe net tool-changed gmoccapy.toolchange-changed <= iocontrol.0.tool-changed
# AS wegen vers.by probe net tool-prep-number gmoccapy.toolchange-number <= iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number
# net tooloffset-x gmoccapy.tooloffset-x <= motion.tooloffset.x
# net tooloffset-z gmoccapy.tooloffset-z <= motion.tooloffset.z

The tool change loop should be closed in probe_screen.hal with this, isn't it?

net tool-change probe.toolchange-change <= iocontrol.0.tool-change
net tool-changed probe.toolchange-changed <= iocontrol.0.tool-changed
net tool-prep-number probe.toolchange-number <= iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number

Regards,
Albert

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds