Work with probe

More
09 Nov 2019 21:24 #150016 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Work with probe
Hallo,

so now it is very clear, your problem is not a gmoccapy problem.
It si caused by the probe part. I have no ides of the probe part, you will have to search for a solution on that part.

I recommend to watch the Hal pin with halshow. I am pretty sure, that you will see, that the tool changed Hal pin will not get high. That should be done within your probe python file, so checj that one.

Gmoccapy thread is not the correct one to solve your problem.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 22:19 #150025 by bluephoenix
Replied by bluephoenix on topic Work with probe
Hi,
yes this is correct, the tool changed Hal pin is not toggling, I already checked that, but I really do not know why and am already searching for hours.
Other than that, I thought this is the correct thread, as all posts deal with problems around "Probe Screen" from the user verser, which I also use here. If not correct, my apologies.
But just for my understanding how things are working:
When I have a tool change command, like M6 T9, then the file manual_change.ngc is invoked, correct?
But now what happens, when it comes to the line 29?

; using the code being remapped here means 'use builtin behaviour'
M6

Does this mean we use what has been redefined by the python script from the Touchprobe "probe_screen.py" ?

Albert

More
10 Nov 2019 02:37 #150039 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Work with probe

When I have a tool change command, like M6 T9, then the file manual_change.ngc is invoked, correct?

Yes.

But now what happens, when it comes to the line 29?
; using the code being remapped here means 'use builtin behaviour'
M6

This M6 is added to manual_change.ngc to maintain linuxcnc's built-in functionality when remap.
See " 5.6. Making minimal changes to the built in codes, including M6 "

More
10 Nov 2019 06:02 #150042 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Work with probe
that is all correct, but the Hal connections to close the tool change loop, still have to be done. The connection Ed here are made to probe component.

The check must be done, when and if probe component does close the loop.

Norbert

More
11 Nov 2019 15:20 #150124 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
What is "probe..." in your HAL file? It could be a screen, or a HAL component, or a number of other things (including a GUI probe simulator)

More
11 Nov 2019 20:41 #150154 by bluephoenix
Hi,
probe is a component.
But the problem is solved, although I do not understand why, but let me explain what I did.
I had to comment out the two lines with the unlinkp command in the custom_postgui.hal file and do not understand why this is necessary.
Yesterday I changed the "gmoccapy tool sensor example" for a simulated machine and added the touchprobe screen the same way I did before for my real machine and it worked out of the box. Leaving the unlinkp command in works in other configurations of people I know as well, so in the end it is a problem of my configuration.
The need of commenting out the two lines tells me, that first the touchprobe.hal is loaded, where they are linked and then after that the custom_postgui.hal, where they are unlinked again :( . But why in my config and not in the other of the simulated machine.
I add my config and maybe you guys see the problem, because I want to understand it.

Regards
Albert
Attachments:

More
12 Nov 2019 12:05 #150190 by bluephoenix
Before anybody puts some effort in this, let me first doublecheck something and I will come back.
Regards
Albert

More
13 Nov 2019 21:56 #150328 by vmihalca
Replied by vmihalca on topic Work with probe
Since its a "work with probe" topic, I thought it might be helpful for some of you guys to watch my review on a sensor that I've bought. Enjoy! :D

More
14 Nov 2019 20:15 #150385 by bluephoenix
Hi,
I thought I saw the issue, but it wasn't. So I still need to do the unlinkp, although I can't see where they get linked, but anyway it is working and I will close my topic.

More
27 Dec 2019 21:32 #153316 by MarcoGaspar
Replied by MarcoGaspar on topic Work with probe

Installed vers.by/ probe :)
Installed Vers Probe sceen on Linuxmint 19.3 "Mate" + Linuxcnc 2.8 :)

First impression / Errors / Bugs / Improvement:

-When starting any touch cycle hiting "ESC"/"F1" keys don't stop the cycle....
-Think it will be better having edge lenght for X and edge lenght for Y so it can center a external rectangle
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds