Linux Mint with RTAI

More
18 Jan 2016 12:08 - 18 Jan 2016 12:11 #68672 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Linux Mint with RTAI
I'm not sure what you mean by loaded LinuxCNC. The script installs the real time kernel and the grub customizer. Then you clone LinuxCNC. Then you build the deb. Then you install the deb. Without the exact error message and at what step you at no on can guess what your asking. It does sound like your using an older version of the script and not the current version found here .

JT
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 12:11 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 12:45 #68675 by whyme
Replied by whyme on topic Linux Mint with RTAI
I think he means this line in the setup.sh

cd ~;git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc_source"

which do the same as
"git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git lcnc"
in the mint-emc.txt.

More
18 Jan 2016 13:11 #68679 by BigJohnT
Now I understand, I didn't upload the latest setup.sh to my web site :ohmy:

JT

More
18 Jan 2016 17:30 #68698 by hickory43
Replied by hickory43 on topic Linux Mint with RTAI
Okay, so my thought was correct that there is not a need to clone linuxcnc into linuxcnc_source as the script wants to do? Will the link to setup.sh be updated soon? Once I get a new link, I will reinstall and try again. If my startup problems persist I will copy the error messages and my files and submit.

Thanks for looking into this.
Hickory43

More
18 Jan 2016 18:13 #68704 by BigJohnT
Yes you still need to clone LinuxCNC onto your computer and build a deb to install LinuxCNC unless you download and use the deb. The deb is specific to my computer and will only work on yours if it is i386. The link is the same, I uploaded the revised setup.sh file to the link. The setup.sh only gets the RTAI kernel and a boot configure program.

JT

More
18 Jan 2016 18:51 #68711 by hickory43
Thanks JT! I will give this another try. I am using the i386 (32 bit) software. I'll let you know of my success.
Hickory43

More
19 Jan 2016 21:27 #68778 by hickory43
I reinstalled Mint 17.2 and then using JT's updated files added linuxcnc. The reinstall when well and adding Lcnc went smooth except there were some error comments at the end of the build process for linuxcnc (build printout attached). After installation was complete Lcnc would come up with a simulation but will not start with my machine files. I have been using these to run prior releases of Lcnc and 2.7.3 recently. This present endeavor is being done on a separate computer not connected to my CNC Router (home built). The error messages that result in attempting to run Lcnc are attached. If anyone sees a reason for this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Hickory43

More
22 Jan 2016 23:51 #68943 by BigJohnT
I'll try and look at them in the morning... .txt files would be fine for stuff like that saves one from having to untar them.

JT

More
23 Jan 2016 06:59 #68956 by hickory43
Thanks JT! I appreciate all the help I can get. Some of those file are pretty long so thought the compressed files would transmit easier,

More
23 Jan 2016 12:06 - 23 Jan 2016 12:12 #68960 by BigJohnT
I looked at all the files and there was so many it was a bit confusing and saw some document build errors.

I tried to run the two configs and neither one ran. If these ran before what version did they run on? Configurations do break between major version changes if you don't follow the upgrade guides between versions. Updating

I cleaned up and numbered each step in my instructions so you can tell me exactly where you ran into a problem and what the specific problem was at that point.

Can you run the Sample Configurations/sim/axis/axis configuration?

JT
Last edit: 23 Jan 2016 12:12 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds