Ethercat HAL driver

More
23 Dec 2020 20:35 #193018 by chimeno
Hello @jc2ktr

Ok, I don't know what else to tell you, check that the engine moves with TWINCAT3 and check the status that is the same in linuxcnc, you will have to ask for help from the colleague @MRBaird that he does have the drivers and can help you

Greeting
Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: jc2ktr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2020 21:10 #193024 by jc2ktr

Hello @jc2ktr

Ok, I don't know what else to tell you, check that the engine moves with TWINCAT3 and check the status that is the same in linuxcnc, you will have to ask for help from the colleague @MRBaird that he does have the drivers and can help you

Greeting
Chimeno

Hello @Chimeno

Thank you i will try it further and ask also @MRBaird.

Although i want to Thank you for your great kindness and the really good help. :)

Wish you Merry Christmas and much luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno

More
23 Dec 2020 22:28 - 23 Dec 2020 22:29 #193034 by chimeno
Hello @jc2ktr

I think the problem is that it lacks the speed at which it has to move, register this pin
<syncManager idx="2" dir="out">
<pdo idx="1600">
<!--  Target Velocity  -->
<pdoEntry idx="60ff" subIdx="00" bitLen="32" halPin="TargetVelocity" halType="float" scale="1000"/>

net xvel-cmd	=> lcec.0.7.TargetVelocity

Merry Christmas
Chimeno
Last edit: 23 Dec 2020 22:29 by chimeno. Reason: Edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: jc2ktr

More
27 Dec 2020 09:34 #193277 by jc2ktr

Hello @jc2ktr

I think the problem is that it lacks the speed at which it has to move, register this pin
<syncManager idx="2" dir="out">
<pdo idx="1600">
<!--  Target Velocity  -->
<pdoEntry idx="60ff" subIdx="00" bitLen="32" halPin="TargetVelocity" halType="float" scale="1000"/>

net xvel-cmd	=> lcec.0.7.TargetVelocity

Merry Christmas
Chimeno

Hello and Merry Christmas @Chimeno,

after an exhausting time i finally got my axis to run, though its not in CSP mode but in Profile Position Mode.

Thanks a lot, now i am at Tuning the Axis because it is oscillating really heavy.
I tried to set up a PID threat but i don't get it to stay calm. Do you know how to set up a PID for EtherCAT Drives? or should the PID be tuned in the Drive Controller itself?

Most of the Manuals/Tutorials online are for Analog Drive Controller. Don't really understand, if this is also usable on EtherCAT drives.

Greetings Jc2ktr / Sven

More
29 Dec 2020 06:18 - 29 Dec 2020 06:33 #193401 by chimeno
Hello @jc2ktr

after an exhausting time i finally got my axis to run, though its not in CSP mode but in Profile Position Mode.

I'm so glad you got it to work!

Thanks a lot, now i am at Tuning the Axis because it is oscillating really heavy.
I tried to set up a PID threat but i don't get it to stay calm. Do you know how to set up a PID for EtherCAT Drives? or should the PID be tuned in the Drive Controller itself?

The first PID that you have to configure is that of the drive itself until it works perfectly, you only need the PID in linuxcnc for a fine adjustment, if you have it well configured you would not need PID in linuxcnc, the only thing you have to look at is the maximum speed and acceleration allows you the set of servodrive and motor and that linuxcnc is a little below.

configuration program in case you don't have it.
www.rtelligent.cn/download_list_3.html

Gretting
Chimeno
Last edit: 29 Dec 2020 06:33 by chimeno. Reason: Edit

More
30 Dec 2020 12:36 - 30 Dec 2020 12:39 #193523 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Ethercat HAL driver
I have basic problem with "scale" in sincro position mode .... I don't understand what I have to do to make Lcnc digest the "scale" option .... if I change the scale in my xml I always get axis follow error .... if I change SCALE in the ini file I don't get anything ... it's the first axis configuration I do ever on ethercat and I started from the synchronous driving mode in position to not have too many settings problems .... since my servodrive expects me to set a "gear ratio" I have no possibility to do it from the interface parameters, so I think I can "recreate" it using the SCALE macro in the ini file or playing with "scale" in the xml file (for the servo drive the standard gear ratio is 1)..... but to date I have not obtained anything. Am I very wrong? I have to set the INI file and the HAL file as the motors were steppers with step gen and all the rest of the settings maybe? I don't know what more to think.

I am attaching my files so if someone could put me in the right path, even if only with a link to an identical problem already solved .... I am looking for 2 days but I cannot find .... to think that I thought the most difficult part (the installation of etg drive) was outdated :(

To be precise, everything works but I can't get the axis to SCALE .... I move 180 ° and the real axis only makes about 20 ° ....

bkt
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2020 12:39 by bkt.

More
01 Jan 2021 10:32 - 01 Jan 2021 17:29 #193714 by jc2ktr
Replied by jc2ktr on topic Ethercat HAL driver

I have basic problem with "scale" in sincro position mode .... I don't understand what I have to do to make Lcnc digest the "scale" option .... if I change the scale in my xml I always get axis follow error .... if I change SCALE in the ini file I don't get anything ... it's the first axis configuration I do ever on ethercat and I started from the synchronous driving mode in position to not have too many settings problems .... since my servodrive expects me to set a "gear ratio" I have no possibility to do it from the interface parameters, so I think I can "recreate" it using the SCALE macro in the ini file or playing with "scale" in the xml file (for the servo drive the standard gear ratio is 1)..... but to date I have not obtained anything. Am I very wrong? I have to set the INI file and the HAL file as the motors were steppers with step gen and all the rest of the settings maybe? I don't know what more to think.

I am attaching my files so if someone could put me in the right path, even if only with a link to an identical problem already solved .... I am looking for 2 days but I cannot find .... to think that I thought the most difficult part (the installation of etg drive) was outdated :(

To be precise, everything works but I can't get the axis to SCALE .... I move 180 ° and the real axis only makes about 20 ° ....

bkt

Hello and a happy ne year @bkt,

i think the scaling has to be done in your Ethercat Driver with TwinCAT. I am at the moment in the same situation, the Scaling in the ini/hal or xml has no influence on the moved position in my case.

I try later today to get my position scale under Twincat to match with linuxcnc.

Best regards Sven

Edit: I've tried to set the scaling in my servo driver this afternoon, but It was not really successful. Either I get the axis to move the correct distance, but then my position Feedback is off. If my Feedback is correct the moved distance is off.

Don't have any idea at the moment where to set the scales :unsure:
Last edit: 01 Jan 2021 17:29 by jc2ktr. Reason: Edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
02 Jan 2021 11:31 #193830 by bkt
I'm in waiting from producer about istructions, because on twincat is not possible see "scaling" parameter .... My ethercat drives is based on canOpen so cia402 .... the worlds to be set to have a correct scaling should be the objects 6091h-01h, 6091h-02h, 6092h-01h only at the moment I can't view them on twincat and therefore neither to write them correctly ... I hope the drive manufacturer gives me the right advice otherwise the drives are completely unusable ..... what a bad luck.

if anyone had suggestions for this .... it would be a good fortune instead.

Regards
bkt

More
02 Jan 2021 12:23 #193833 by jc2ktr
Replied by jc2ktr on topic Ethercat HAL driver

I'm in waiting from producer about istructions, because on twincat is not possible see "scaling" parameter .... My ethercat drives is based on canOpen so cia402 .... the worlds to be set to have a correct scaling should be the objects 6091h-01h, 6091h-02h, 6092h-01h only at the moment I can't view them on twincat and therefore neither to write them correctly ... I hope the drive manufacturer gives me the right advice otherwise the drives are completely unusable ..... what a bad luck.

if anyone had suggestions for this .... it would be a good fortune instead.

Regards
bkt

Hello @bkt

may i ask you which type/manufacturer your drive is from? Mine are from Rtellligent the ECT60 Series.
I havent found any object where to change the scale too. Or i´ve overseen it.

-Sven

More
02 Jan 2021 18:51 #193872 by bkt
@sven ... my drives are Chinese too, but before complaining and saying that the assistance and manuals are bad I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for their end-of-year parties to end and finally back to the office to answer mine requests. Up to now I have been happy with them .... I tried their ethercat and I'm having problems, but I don't usually use ethercat in my work .... so maybe the cause is mine..... but I use different china drive type and brand .... however it is Chinese practice, and I think they have learned from the Japanese for this, consider the manual a kind of optional .... if you need a specific one you have to request it ... too often I have found some facts just for me ... .. also from famous Japan brands .... it seems to me that the user manual is a wholly European and American habit .... some mail makes a user complained of bad control on vdf thoshiba .... I guess he didn't ask the specific manual of the modbus .... Japanese "transcribe their secrets and most lustful commands" on the field bus in general (even ethercat or other) ..... this just to talk with friends. ;)

Regarding my drives obviously if they don't give an answer I'll be happy to do bad publicity here on the forum.

in each case they are ethercat cia402 compliant drives, therefore objects 6091 subidx01 and 02 and 6092 subidx 01 and 02 should keep the gear ratio in memory so that the control units and encoder units can match .... now how now if I try to ascribing this from xml is not accepted (but this would also be correct, the values should be permanently written in eeprom) and from twincat I don't see the registers. I believe at this point that I need a software from the manufacturer. Your ET60 must be the same I think .... but your manual is not online on producer sites I see .... so that ssnz a well written manual is impossible to know how things are, for you as well as for me.

regards
btk

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds