Bob's Plasmac Build

More
15 Jun 2019 13:37 #136980 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
Bob, just curious now. Was there a reason to add the T slot extrusion? Why didn't you mount your rails and rack to the angle iron?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2019 21:52 - 16 Jun 2019 11:27 #137007 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Bob's Plasmac Build

Bob, just curious now. Was there a reason to add the T slot extrusion? Why didn't you mount your rails and rack to the angle iron?

Makes it easier to make adjustments and make everything square. I did one with angle iron mounted directly on frame for a router and it was really tough to make everything straight.

This is a plasma so it provides extra support for water bed.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2019 11:27 by bevins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
15 Jun 2019 23:26 #137012 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
Looking good.
Also waiting .... Well trying to find in Turkey of all places some 7 meter long rails, the round supported ones. I need 6 meters of travel as a minimum. Not looking good!!! :)

More
16 Jun 2019 11:26 #137037 by bevins

Looking good.
Also waiting .... Well trying to find in Turkey of all places some 7 meter long rails, the round supported ones. I need 6 meters of travel as a minimum. Not looking good!!! :)

wow, 7 meters. What are you building a railroad track?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jun 2019 19:56 #137057 by bevins
A little more progress. Mockup control panel.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
16 Jun 2019 20:17 #137058 by rodw
Looks good Bob. I wonder if its worth going with opto isolated relays rather than mechanical ones? I used the ones you have there and replaced most of them when I added ohmic sensing (becasue I had to by a pack of 5). The only one left disables the stepper drives on estop (Just becasue I've been lazy but I have the part here.).

More
16 Jun 2019 21:16 #137060 by bevins

Looks good Bob. I wonder if its worth going with opto isolated relays rather than mechanical ones? I used the ones you have there and replaced most of them when I added ohmic sensing (becasue I had to by a pack of 5). The only one left disables the stepper drives on estop (Just becasue I've been lazy but I have the part here.).

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I have a boatload of these already. I will use the optoisalator ones for the ohmic sensor and the I/o for the plasma. I always use two to follow machine-is-on for enabling drives and such. One for estop logic.

Good point. Thanks.

More
16 Jun 2019 21:18 #137061 by bevins
Also forgot panduit. Need to leave room for that.

More
16 Jun 2019 21:41 #137062 by rodw
Somewhere PCW suggested using the 7i76e Spindle on contacts for torch on which might save a relay. Of course that was after I built mine relay and all! I'll save it for when I run out of outputs!

More
16 Jun 2019 22:55 #137070 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Bob's Plasmac Build
Bob, I think I already mentioned it here somewhere, the client I built the rotaray plasma ( links to YouTube videos in the show your stuff section of this forum ) requested a 6X2meter cut area so I do have to leave some room and that makes it at least 7X2.5 meters. Chasing unicorns, or 7m rails !!!
Rod, I would highly suggest not using the spindle on directly wired to a plasma cutter, I am sure it is OK in most cases but I have seen a fair share of manufacturing cost cuts in all sorts of equipment.
Oh and Bob, you've been holding on us, what is that on the monitor? A new screen, or did I miss something somewhere??? :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds