Feature Request

More
27 Jul 2020 10:58 #176060 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

14 hours ahead of me, got it. What's the future look like?! Can you pay attention to the winning lottery numbers in the USA and send them back my way please?? :silly:

Sure, they are @$&]\%
I had to encypher them in case the authorities check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2020 11:06 #176061 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

14 hours ahead of me, got it. What's the future look like?! Can you pay attention to the winning lottery numbers in the USA and send them back my way please?? :silly:

Sure, they are @$&]\%
I had to encypher them in case the authorities check.

Decryption key is in the mail, I take it? Don't worry I'm not greedy, I'll split the winnings.

More
27 Jul 2020 22:19 - 27 Jul 2020 22:29 #176153 by snowgoer540
Feedback with respect to Cut-Recovery test branch (only):

I attached the cut file I've been using for testing. Here is some very specific feedback (or as best as I can):

1. If I pause the motion during the first rapid of the file (from where the table is homed), I can't change consumables. I CAN bring up the cut recovery window now, and bump the torch around, but when I press "resume cut", nothing happens. I can pause again, and resume to my heart's content, but the torch does not move. If I press Stop, it does return the torch to wherever it was going to pierce per the Gcode, and returns the torch to the top. This happens if I stop it during the second rapid as well.

1.5 I had the same thing happen on the G3 line immediately following the torch fire. I paused, cant change consumables, can bump torch around, resume cut causes nothing to happen. Stop sends it to the top of Z and back to where the Gcode was before I paused. Moving the table after this causes some serious shimmys on relasing the Y (down arrow) key at the soft limit. When I restart linuxcnc and re home, it does not do this anymore. I mean it shakes my table more than I've ever seen.

2. If I stop the torch between the two holes (third rapid I believe), I can change consumables. One thing I noticed, it will move the torch over at a slower feedrate (I'm not sure what is driving the change consumables feed rate?), but when I press change consumables the second time, it brings the torch back to where it left off from via a Rapid movement.

3. The table lost its soft limits after stopping the table for #2, I went to jog it back to "home" to see if I could pick up on any other funny behavior and I crashed into the limit switches. I guess that will teach me for moving around with rapids :( Both joints gave a following error in addition to being upset about me crashing into the limit switches. I've never had this happen before.

I think that's about all the specific feedback I have time for at the moment, I just got the page from the lady saying it's time to eat dinner. I wish I could help more, but suffice it to say something is still amiss.

EDIT: Just thinking, I think the extreme jerking around of the table started when I bumped the torch around within the cut recovery window.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2020 22:29 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Jul 2020 23:26 - 27 Jul 2020 23:26 #176164 by phillc54
A quick question. Why would you want to do a cut recovery from a rapid?
The idea of cut cecovery is that if the program errors out during cutting then you can offset the torch in any direction enough to be able to find some material to restart on or to avoid a large divot at the restart point on the cut line.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2020 23:26 by phillc54.

More
27 Jul 2020 23:38 #176167 by snowgoer540

A quick question. Why would you want to do a cut recovery from a rapid?
The idea of cut cecovery is that if the program errors out during cutting then you can offset the torch in any direction enough to be able to find some material to restart on or to avoid a large divot at the restart point on the cut line.

Two things:

First, I was coming here to say that I realized that I crashed into the limit switches while holding down shift and jogging (rapiding). Not sure if it helps.

Second, I doubt you would. However that said, I guess these questions/scenarios are the result of testing... I may not be the only one to pull it up in the future during similar circumstances if it makes it to the main branch. I don’t know what I don’t know all the time, but it may be something someone comes by accidentally (as I did). Maybe it makes sense to only allow cut recovery to be initiated during an actual pause due to failures, or preclude it during a rapid movement pause.

More
27 Jul 2020 23:45 #176170 by phillc54
Personally I don't think the cut-recovery dialog should be allowed during a rapid as it is not really cutting and there is no need to venture off the rapid motion path.

More
28 Jul 2020 00:00 #176176 by snowgoer540

Personally I don't think the cut-recovery dialog should be allowed during a rapid as it is not really cutting and there is no need to venture off the rapid motion path.

Works for me! See I broke it in a good way lol

Any idea what caused my table to go bezerk and lose its position etc? Or too early to tell?

More
28 Jul 2020 00:05 - 28 Jul 2020 00:08 #176178 by phillc54

1. If I pause the motion during the first rapid of the file (from where the table is homed), I can't change consumables. I CAN bring up the cut recovery window now, and bump the torch around, but when I press "resume cut", nothing happens. I can pause again, and resume to my heart's content, but the torch does not move. If I press Stop, it does return the torch to wherever it was going to pierce per the Gcode, and returns the torch to the top. This happens if I stop it during the second rapid as well.

When I do this using your code I can't change consumables (would I want to here?) the cut recovery dialog can show but the buttons don't do anything, if I[size=][/size] "resume cut" it continues on as it should.
Did you like the new buttons?
Are you sure you updated?

EDIT: The change consumables feed rate is set in the ini file:
BUTTON_n_CODE = change-consumables X10 Y10 F1000
X and Y are in absolute machine coordinates
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 00:08 by phillc54.

More
28 Jul 2020 00:21 #176186 by snowgoer540

When I do this using your code I can't change consumables (would I want to here?) the cut recovery dialog can show but the buttons don't do anything, if I[size=][/size] "resume cut" it continues on as it should.

Well, I don't know if you would want to change them there or not, but you might realize after a cut that you want to and pause it during a rapid, which would/could cause a similar effect (as it did during the second rapid). Sometimes it proceeds when paused during a rapid, sometimes it does not.

Did you like the new buttons?

Yes! moving diagonally seems like it will be useful. I just got distracted by the other stuff (mostly the crash) and forgot to mention it. My apologies.

Are you sure you updated?

Yea, I am pretty sure, especially since I found your new buttons, and cut-recovery wouldnt come up at all before, and now it does.

EDIT: The change consumables feed rate is set in the ini file:

BUTTON_n_CODE = change-consumables X10 Y10 F1000

Ok, good to know. Still confusing since going to the X home it was at the slow feed rate, and going back it was at rapid full table speed.

More
28 Jul 2020 00:25 #176188 by phillc54

Well, I don't know if you would want to change them there or not, but you might realize after a cut that you want to and pause it during a rapid, which would/could cause a similar effect (as it did during the second rapid). Sometimes it proceeds when paused during a rapid, sometimes it does not.

I only meant the intial rapid to start the job, other rapids would be valid.

Ok, good to know. Still confusing since going to the X home it was at the slow feed rate, and going back it was at rapid full table speed.

I noticed that yesterday before pushing and fixed it. It works fine here, with your code as well. Strange happenings...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds