Feature Request

More
28 Jul 2020 10:36 - 28 Jul 2020 10:41 #176233 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Did you find anything profound? Any area of the aforementioned issues I should focus my efforts around?

Also, are the errors cut-recovery related? Or would they have affected the main branch and the mesh branch as well?

The issues I did find were due to cut recovery errors caused by me and some mm/dinosaur confusion. I have done nothing with the mesh branch but it shouldn't be affected by these. errors.

Edit: having said that I still don't think it is complete as I got sidetracked a bit today and just pushed what I had before I quit for dinner to give you some thing to test.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 10:41 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2020 10:55 #176234 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

Edit: having said that I still don't think it is complete as I got sidetracked a bit today and just pushed what I had before I quit for dinner to give you some thing to test.

Good to know, I will be a bit more cautious in my testing with that in mind. Not that I shouldn't always be cautious, but, knowing it's not complete puts it at the fore front. Thanks, as usual, for the effort!

More
28 Jul 2020 14:59 #176251 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

.........and some mm/dinosaur confusion.

LOL, nice one ! :)

More
28 Jul 2020 22:32 #176294 by snowgoer540
Okie dokie. Not sure how much feedback you're looking for here since I know you said you still had work to do. But here's my findings anyhow:

1. Change consumables doesnt work during the first rapid. Resuming (by pressing unpause) does work during the first rapid.
2. Pausing during the first G3 line (G3 line highlighted, not sure if that is the current line or next line to be honest), cant change consumables. Cant resume cut (pressing unpause does nothing). Cut Recovery button is greyed out. I attached a screen shot of the state if it helps you:

2(continued). Consumable Change pin stays lit after stopping the program.
3. It actually doesnt matter when I pause, it wont change consumables, and wont resume cutting, and Cut-recovery stays grey.

May be worth noting that even with the x-offset not being 0 after stopping the program, it didnt crash into anything.

Let me know if you need anything else, the day is getting away from me, I have a few things to finish before the lady returns from work.
Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2020 23:13 #176300 by phillc54
Can you zip your config directory and I'll run that here instead of my standard sim.

More
28 Jul 2020 23:18 - 28 Jul 2020 23:19 #176301 by snowgoer540

Can you zip your config directory and I'll run that here instead of my standard sim.

Of course, see attached. I also added the ohmic comp im using for convenience.

Edit: let me know if I missed anything.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 23:19 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
28 Jul 2020 23:32 #176303 by phillc54
Thanks, I haven't checked through the code yet but could you try changing your ini file BUTTON_3_CODE to X0 Y0 F160 I am not sure if it requires both axes.

More
28 Jul 2020 23:55 #176306 by snowgoer540

Thanks, I haven't checked through the code yet but could you try changing your ini file BUTTON_3_CODE to X0 Y0 F160 I am not sure if it requires both axes.

Well, that seems to work much better! In the short time I've been testing, I can't get it to do any of the stuff I have been complaining about for the past 3 nights. So I guess I have two questions then:
1. Is that how we want it to work? I could see how just moving to the left side of the table is enough. The torch doesn't necessarily have to go to the X0 Y0 position. Further, are these in machine coordinates, or job coordinates? Should probably be machine coordinates.
2. Why was my ini missing the Y0? I am pretty relatively sure I never changed that. In fact I double checked Cody's ini file, and it is the same way (that's from a new config).

Looks like you disabled consumable change and cut-recovery if paused during the first rapid.
Looks like you disabled cut-recovery during any rapid.

Only potential issue I see, is the torch doesnt go to the top of Z travel before going to change consumables. Probably hard for me to make a case for this if you are changing consumables, but there could be a scenario where there's a tip up, or you're cutting in box tube, or something where you'd want to retract Z before moving to change the consumables. Thoughts?

Refresh my memory, did we change it so you could go forward and backward through the entire cut file, or does it still stop at the M3 commands going backward? I thought I remembered we changed that but maybe I'm making it up.

More
29 Jul 2020 00:00 #176307 by snowgoer540
Should have waited before pressing send.

One issue I missed:

It's doing the thing again where it shutters really bad when coming up against the home soft limit for Y. Seems to only affect the Y axis, and this seems to happen after I bump the torch around with the cut recovery window.

More
29 Jul 2020 00:14 - 29 Jul 2020 00:56 #176310 by phillc54

So I guess I have two questions then:
Is that how we want it to work? I could see how just moving to the left side of the table is enough. The torch doesn't necessarily have to go to the X0 Y0 position. Further, are these in machine coordinates, or job coordinates?

No, that is an error, I think it should substitute zero for a missing axis or at least show an error popup.
They are machine coordinates.

2. Why was my ini missing the Y0? I am pretty relatively sure I never changed that. In fact I double checked Cody's ini file, and it is the same way (that's from a new config).

Only you can answer that. :)

Looks like you disabled consumable change and cut-recovery if paused during the first rapid.
Looks like you disabled cut-recovery during any rapid.

Yes and Yes
EDIT: but I see not quite correctly...

Only potential issue I see, is the torch doesnt go to the top of Z travel before going to change consumables. Probably hard for me to make a case for this if you are changing consumables, but there could be a scenario where there's a tip up, or you're cutting in box tube, or something where you'd want to retract Z before moving to change the consumables. Thoughts?

I thought that a pause caused it to go to the starting height.

Refresh my memory, did we change it so you could go forward and backward through the entire cut file, or does it still stop at the M3 commands going backward? I thought I remembered we changed that but maybe I'm making it up.

You can go forward the entire file and reverse as far as the previous M3. This is part of the "reverse-run'" feature and is not part of Plasmac.

It's doing the thing again where it shutters really bad when coming up against the home soft limit for Y. Seems to only affect the Y axis, and this seems to happen after I bump the torch around with the cut recovery window.

Can you describe the exact sequence of events to show this issue.
Are the offsets at zero?
Last edit: 29 Jul 2020 00:56 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds