Esab Ultrarex UXD-P2000 Upgrade Project

More
19 Jul 2020 18:06 #175173 by Esaber
The 4 wires coming from the collision/sensing probes go to the box behind the y motor.
Are we keeping this box?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:16 #175175 by tommylight
The Z limits are easy, they are written on the connector, so check if the LLIM and ULIM are also going to the computer board.
For the collision/probe sensors, see if you can find the + and - powering them, the outputs are easy to manage. Also check if those go to the computer board.
If none of them go to the control box/computer board, routing new shielded cables should be easy enough.
My machine had none of them going to the control box, they just ended in the Z axis box, and from there they went on as RS232 communication, so i just added the new cables.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:17 #175176 by tommylight

Are we keeping this box?

Yes, the drive for the Y axis servo motor is there.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:28 - 19 Jul 2020 18:40 #175178 by Esaber
I mean this box:
Let's call it the z-axis box. All wires coming from the head (sensor/collision/up/down) go into this box.

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jul 2020 18:40 by Esaber.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:32 #175179 by Esaber

The Z limits are easy, they are written on the connector, so check if the LLIM and ULIM are also going to the computer board.
For the collision/probe sensors, see if you can find the + and - powering them, the outputs are easy to manage. Also check if those go to the computer board.
If none of them go to the control box/computer board, routing new shielded cables should be easy enough.
My machine had none of them going to the control box, they just ended in the Z axis box, and from there they went on as RS232 communication, so i just added the new cables.

They all go through the box which is behind the Y motor then to the control box. But we don't know how they are mapped when leaving the small control box.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:46 #175181 by tommylight
Again, from the beginning, we are keeping all the boxes, only the control box/computer box will be empty, and only the Z axis motor goes out.
It seems easier to add new wiring for those sensors/switches. Although i would give it a go at finding out if they go all the way to the computer box by using a long wire to extend the DVM cable.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:50 - 19 Jul 2020 18:59 #175183 by Esaber
If I'm following you this z-axis box will be removed. wires will be routed directly from all sensors/probes to the control box. My friend is telling me this small box behind the Y motor (not the board of the y motor encoder) is connected to the hypertherm.
Now the sensing/collision wires are 16 in total and they all go through a small board which is on the head mount then they go out in 4 wires to the z-axis box. Do we wire these wires from this small box (4 shielded wires to the linuxcnc box) or do we wire each sensor separately to the linuxcnc box (16 wires) and thus get rid of the small board?

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jul 2020 18:59 by Esaber.

More
19 Jul 2020 18:57 #175184 by Esaber

Again, from the beginning, we are keeping all the boxes, only the control box/computer box will be empty, and only the Z axis motor goes out.
It seems easier to add new wiring for those sensors/switches. Although i would give it a go at finding out if they go all the way to the computer box by using a long wire to extend the DVM cable.

We were replying at the same time :-)
Ok We keep all but the control box and the z motor.

I'll let you read my previous message about sensing/collision wires
What do you make of the pneumatic up/down wires? are we keeping them?

More
19 Jul 2020 21:32 #175204 by tommylight

Do we wire these wires from this small box (4 shielded wires to the linuxcnc box) or do we wire each sensor separately to the linuxcnc box (16 wires) and thus get rid of the small board?

We will try to make it work with the 4 wires, so leave the box as is.

More
19 Jul 2020 21:34 #175205 by tommylight

I'll let you read my previous message about sensing/collision wires
What do you make of the pneumatic up/down wires? are we keeping them?

I did.
Leave them as they are, mark them as you might need them later to add a pneumatic drill. Very useful as LinuxCNC can control many spindles/drills/torches....
I would add wiring for those also.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds