Esab Ultrarex UXD-P2000 Upgrade Project

More
02 Feb 2021 18:06 #197458 by Esaber
:-)
We have not touched this project since.
I have a deal for you. The HyperTerm Max200 is yours if you can fly (or drive) over here and help my friend get this thing running. What do you say?
I can't seem to find the MP function in here so I'm asking in plain sight :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2021 22:05 #197483 by tommylight
That is a nice deal, thank you, i would gladly come and help, but i do need a visa (already had a French visa, so should be no big deal, requires your side to fill some forms and stuff), and travelling has become close to impossible due to this china cr@p pandemic.
Might be safer and easier to do this remotely, might take a bit longer, but not by much.
Info here:
www.tomberisha.com

Just to be clear, i never do deals or require any compensation when i can help as i can and when i can, but in case i would be required to leave the projects i am working on that would cause me loses, so some type of compensation can be discussed.
The most i got paid to date for online help was a visit from CliveS ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
02 Feb 2021 22:40 #197488 by Clive S
Tom you are truly an honest and respectful individual and it was a great honour to meet up with you.

You gave me your time and showed us (my wife and I) some of your great and friendly country people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Feb 2021 23:30 #197493 by Esaber
Sounds good to me. I knew you were not in a 'deal' business otherwise you wouldn't be here :-) But that HyperTerm is kinda looking for you :-)
The visa stuff can be arranged no big deal like you said. I know this corona virus is killing us all but if we can plan something that would be great.
I'll get back to you to see how we can arrange something.
Thanks for the help.

More
09 May 2021 16:54 #208393 by Wasa
Hi Tommy,
Back on track.
I'm writing you from a friend's account as I don't have access to my computer right now. This is a friend who is more familiar with the mesa cards and who is helping us with the wiring and the configuration.. We are doing some progress on the upgrade.
So far we have:
Mesa card installation: 5i25 +7i77
Mesa card eprom flash with 5i25+7i77X2
Locating wiring for encoders and the servos.
We are getting the encoders and servos wires from the management box We have stripped dwon the esab computer (control box).
We have stripped the hydraulic system from the torch assembly including the metal detecter; We are replacing it with a 12v capacitive metal sensor.
We started configuring the pnf file.
AND we neeeeed your help :-)
We need a proper pnf config file; I will upload pics of the configuration.
We need to know how to wire the THC to the mesa board.
We need to know what to do with the relays. The cards on the servos are already in 5V.
We need to know how to wire the external torch to new system to replace the hyperterm connection.
.We need to have the iinput values to put in the pnf config for the encoders.
So please bear with us if any of this is not put with the appropriate jargon :-)
I will be uploading pics to help with all these questions. Thnaks a buncch.

More
09 May 2021 20:42 - 09 May 2021 23:48 #208412 by tommylight
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to
For now forget the THCm torch on, plasma and pretty much everything except making the machine move, so do not connect anything at all.
-Wire ONLY the Mesa stuff power, NOTHING else.
-Use pncconf to create a base config for the Mesa boards, no limits, no home, nothing but outputs and encoders.
-use the above link for wiring and testing servos to Mesa 7i77, one by one !
::::::Warning::::
Never wire everything and turn the machine ON, that usually ends up in smoke.
Ask everything here, no matter how simple it seems, just provide us with as much info as possible.
Just in case you missed it, this is the fourth retrofit of the same type of machine on this forum besides mine, three of them are working, now waiting on you to make it 4/4 ! :)
In case you need something quick, post here and if i do not reply within half hour, use this whatsapp number to try to contact me: +nnnnnnnn <<<number deleted
I did say "try" .... :) while working i have the phones on a table somewhere in the shop so i do not hear them ringing but i do check them from time to time.
Note: I will delete the number after you read this.
Last edit: 09 May 2021 23:48 by tommylight. Reason: number deleted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wasa

More
09 May 2021 20:46 - 09 May 2021 20:46 #208414 by tommylight
forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/34986...nuxcnc-and-proma-thc
You should also read this, had some issues with it so it might help you during retrofit.
The config is there in the first post.
Last edit: 09 May 2021 20:46 by tommylight. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wasa

More
09 May 2021 23:20 - 10 May 2021 00:02 #208436 by Esaber
Thanks for the quick reply Tommy.
I will upload some pics and ask my friend to go through those links and follow you r guidelines. We will go step by step. You can delete the number now :-)

Let's start with the first question for wiring the encoders and servos to start testing:
Do we connect the encoders directly to the mesa board or do we use the relays. I don't see what role the relays will play in the new setup.
Would you need the schematic again to see the original wiring?
Here is the schematics file link:

mega.nz/file/PKpQTaiJ#0Px4Og5q3DxXSOupm0...cd4Dy1_oB3g8K8OcrPAs
Last edit: 10 May 2021 00:02 by Esaber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 May 2021 20:21 - 27 May 2021 20:24 #210464 by Wasa
Hello tommylight again thank you for the help provided We had a problem one of the encoders is KO, we will replace it this weekend and we will connect the limit's sensors as well as the emergency stops.we will send photos and video of the changes made, before connecting the motors do i have to wire the sensors for "home"?
Last edit: 27 May 2021 20:24 by Wasa.

More
27 May 2021 21:38 #210469 by tommylight
No home sensor, the same limit sensors are used for homing.
Check under the gantry > near the main rails on both sides > there should be a physical switch used as extreme limit, so if there is one it should work and do the same thing as the e-stop.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds