Photos

More
03 Aug 2020 00:16 #176970 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Photos

Nice, you had to remind me of Star Wars, now i have to go watch one or two of them ! :)

Tie Fighters!!?? Any chance you'll share that dxf?!

They look great :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 00:27 #176971 by snowgoer540
Is there something wrong with the server? I've tried several times to post a picture, and it keeps saying that it has exceeded the max size allowed. The one I am currently looking at is down to 753KB. Well under the 1.6MB max...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
03 Aug 2020 00:37 #176973 by dvn4life1972
Replied by dvn4life1972 on topic Photos

I'm intrigued by the file name now. Where is the butterfly footrest used?

It's part of an assembly. Jeep footrests (for when the doors are off). My design makes the footrest plate removable and changeable. Vanity pays good money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
03 Aug 2020 00:41 #176974 by dvn4life1972
I haven't noticed any issues from here today.

And yes I don't mind sharing the tie fighter dxf. I have tons of designs, even a USMC globe-and-anchor. What I lack in linux skills I make up for in the world of CAD.

I'll upload the file when I get back to that computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
03 Aug 2020 01:08 #176978 by dvn4life1972

Nice, you had to remind me of Star Wars, now i have to go watch one or two of them ! :)

Tie Fighters!!?? Any chance you'll share that dxf?!

They look great :)

Tie Fighter attached.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, Clive S, snowgoer540

More
03 Aug 2020 01:48 #176984 by snowgoer540
Thank you! Here’s a picture of the project I did today that requires cutting some expanded mesh metal on the table:

It lets me post it from my phone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, thefabricator03, dvn4life1972

More
23 Aug 2020 21:19 #179144 by snowgoer540
I know this is supposed to be "photos", but here's a YouTube video of the machine cutting, because let's be honest, we could all watch these all day long and there aren't enough Plasmac driven ones out there :). The sign is for a buddy who really likes Eagle Rare Bourbon. It will be two pieces of material epoxied (actually if anyone has any suggestions as to what to use I'd appreciate that) together, the background will be grey and the foreground will be black.

Warning: Spoiler!

I'll post pictures here when the paint and epoxy dries.

On a side note, I truly don't think this gets said enough, thank you to all of you for all of your contributions to making Plasmac what it is. It gets said all the time, but it's SO good. I'm proud to not only have it driving my table, but to be a part of testing/improving it/this forum. I'm excited to see what else we end up thinking up for it in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, Clive S, thefabricator03, dvn4life1972

More
23 Aug 2020 22:29 #179149 by dvn4life1972
Looks like that ohmic is working great, and nice cut quality. The inner part of that e is tiny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
23 Aug 2020 22:52 #179151 by snowgoer540

Looks like that ohmic is working great, and nice cut quality. The inner part of that e is tiny.

Ohmic is really working great, near as I can tell. Yea, I was really worried about losing those, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:17 #179221 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Photos
Looks great. when I did something similar, I moved the text onto a seperate sheetcam layer and just cut the outline on Stainless or ally from the same file to put at the back.

To glue it together Look at the 3M ATG700 tape gun. Expensive but with the right double sided tape it will be permanent and never come apart. (they have a couple of different adhesive tapes)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds