Photos

More
24 Aug 2020 11:18 #179222 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Photos

Ohmic is really working great, near as I can tell. Yea, I was really worried about losing those, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Great to hear...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:33 #179225 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Photos

Looks great. when I did something similar, I moved the text onto a seperate sheetcam layer and just cut the outline on Stainless or ally from the same file to put at the back.

To glue it together Look at the 3M ATG700 tape gun. Expensive but with the right double sided tape it will be permanent and never come apart. (they have a couple of different adhesive tapes)

Thank you!

I havent quite mastered SheetCam yet. SheetCam to me is probably like Fusion360 is to you :lol:. So I ended up copying the file, editing it to remove all the text, and used that to cut the square at the end :)

I will consider one of those, the tape gun isnt too bad, but man the tape itself gets pretty spendy. Especially for the 969 heavy duty stuff! But if it works, might be the way to go.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:48 #179231 by rodw
It'll work alright. We used it for years in the printing industry and often had people asking us what we used. But we did not need the exterior grade that signwriters etc use.

Don't remind me about my battle with Fusion! I have not looked at it for a few weeks!

But I did work out how to save a DXF from a fusion sketch and open it in Sheetcam. There are some good Sheetcam youtube tutorials from arclight dynamics (I think).

More
24 Aug 2020 11:55 #179236 by snowgoer540

It'll work alright. We used it for years in the printing industry and often had people asking us what we used. But we did not need the exterior grade that signwriters etc use.

Don't remind me about my battle with Fusion! I have not looked at it for a few weeks!

But I did work out how to save a DXF from a fusion sketch and open it in Sheetcam. There are some good Sheetcam youtube tutorials from arclight dynamics (I think).

Took me a bit to learn that you could save a dxf from a sketch, rather than trying to export as DXF which doesn't keep the size ratios. Fusion does some really weird things like that. Exporting STLs is awkward as well. One does it through the cloud and it takes forever the other does it immediately. But it really is good software for Mill CAM anyways.

I did catch that series, I need to watch it again, only a few things stuck.

More
24 Aug 2020 14:51 #179248 by dvn4life1972
Replied by dvn4life1972 on topic Photos
You can just go to the sketch on the tree, right click, select save as dxf, and it will save it locally on your machine. Then open that file in Sheetcam and away you go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Aug 2020 15:05 #179249 by snowgoer540

You can just go to the sketch on the tree, right click, select save as dxf, and it will save it locally on your machine. Then open that file in Sheetcam and away you go.

Yea, I'm there now, but where were you 3 weeks ago :laugh:

Also, I'm one of those guys who leaves the CNC machine void of all programs that aren't required to run the table. Probably came from the Mach3 days when the computer could hardly handle Mach3 let alone anything else.

More
24 Aug 2020 19:58 #179269 by rodw

Also, I'm one of those guys who leaves the CNC machine void of all programs that aren't required to run the table. Probably came from the Mach3 days when the computer could hardly handle Mach3 let alone anything else.

Those days are well and truly over now you use Linuxcnc.
Install Sheetcam, a browser and connect to your network so you can access the Linuxcnc docs from your machine :)

More
24 Aug 2020 23:13 #179284 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Photos

My thoughts exactly, a machine controller is a machine controller.
Does anyone use a touch screen, if so what resolution?

More
25 Aug 2020 00:01 #179289 by snowgoer540

My thoughts exactly, a machine controller is a machine controller.

I don't, but if it helps you at all my screen is 1440 x 900. I have a touch screen for the Tormach Lathe, and I ended up unplugging the touch part, I hated it. But some people love it. Again, to each their own I guess.

More
25 Aug 2020 00:20 #179290 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Photos

I don't, but if it helps you at all my screen is 1440 x 900. I have a touch screen for the Tormach Lathe, and I ended up unplugging the touch part, I hated it. But some people love it. Again, to each their own I guess.[/quote]
Thanks, just trying to get a feel for what resolution screen folk are using, my machines use 1600x900.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds