New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
24 May 2021 04:57 #210008 by phillc54

It asked to install it in 3 areas

Without seeing the terminal output I don't understand that.

I think it only installed it 1 as the other 2 we’re giving errors but it’s complete now. Do I need to reboot? It didn’t ask me to.

You shouldn't need to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2021 05:11 #210009 by TexasCNC
I did reboot still shows same version I had before no changes have been made.

More
24 May 2021 05:15 #210011 by TexasCNC
I checked all my connections on my plasma I installed a cnc interface bird and cable and all looks good all was plug and play. I disco the interface cable coming from plasma and the flickering stops I messed with the divider pins going from 16v to 30 to 50 with no change still was flickering. Not sure what it is I spent a lot of money on the interface board and cable that is meant to go with my machine.

More
24 May 2021 05:19 #210012 by phillc54
If you disconnect from the plasma cutter and the flicker stops then it must be coming from the plasma cutter. Is it possible that the wiring at the plasma cutter end is wrong.

More
24 May 2021 05:19 #210013 by TexasCNC
I did disco the torch cable and the flickering stopped and that was with the cable still connected to my plasma interface card.

More
24 May 2021 05:22 #210014 by phillc54

I did disco the torch cable and the flickering stopped and that was with the cable still connected to my plasma interface card.

Wow that is odd. There seems to something wrong at the plasma cutter end then.

Check ALL the connections at the plasma cutter and also that the CNC interface card is wired in correctly.

More
24 May 2021 05:23 #210015 by TexasCNC
One thing I did notice that I was still able to fire my torch from the pulse button. If something was wrong with my arc ok wouldn’t that not let me fire the torch?

More
24 May 2021 05:27 #210016 by TexasCNC
Yes I did everything is plug and play I made sure all the sockets were pushed all the way in and the j2 twist on connector was inserted correctly there is only one way to inserted it.

More
24 May 2021 05:27 #210017 by phillc54

One thing I did notice that I was still able to fire my torch from the pulse button. If something was wrong with my arc ok wouldn’t that not let me fire the torch?

Not necessarily, the Arc OK signal is just an output that basically tells you current is flowing.

More
24 May 2021 05:28 #210018 by TexasCNC
So then the thcad won’t be working correctly if the arc ok is flickering?

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds