New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
24 May 2021 06:02 #210032 by TexasCNC
Ok I have the interface cable disconnected and i am toning out the pins from connector to Mesa board and they are toning out. Now when I toning them out the led flickers on the GUI. But why is the arc ok led turn on and the ohmic button greys out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2021 06:05 #210034 by TexasCNC
Now I tone out on my volt meter pin 12/14 on connector and it ohms out or is beeping meaning they are connecting to each other. The other end is still connected on to board and +24v

More
24 May 2021 06:09 #210035 by tommylight
Check the grounding and the - or common side of things.
You have an " 50 or 60Hz issue", meaning simething is causing/ inducing enough AC voltage to the input to actually triger them 50 or 60 times a second, depending on the continent.
Most probably a missing GND connection.

More
24 May 2021 06:19 #210036 by TexasCNC
Will check that it’s late here in the states so will do later today thanks.

More
24 May 2021 11:53 #210051 by TexasCNC
Would it be possible that I can put the arc ok wires from plasma to a relay instead of hooking up to power on my end?

More
24 May 2021 13:44 - 24 May 2021 14:51 #210061 by TexasCNC
Spoke to thermal dynamics about interface card and about the arc ok pins. So what’s going on is that I am shorting out the pins causing that flickering. They say that wire 12 and 14 on interface cable is a pass through so if I send 24v through it it’s going to get 24v on the other end so the way I have it wired is wrong cause I am sending 24v back to Mesa card. So I am thinking the best way to hook this up will be through a relay on low side. I am thinking that could work?

How can I hookup a relay to feed input 10 ground to activate that pin when the arc wire 12 and 14 gets activated on plasma?

Or I can just hook up wire 12 to ground bar and wire 14 to input 10 on board since the inputs are grounded. Once the arc is transferred it should close that circuit and enable pin 10 for arc ok?
Last edit: 24 May 2021 14:51 by TexasCNC.

More
25 May 2021 00:50 #210172 by TexasCNC
I tried the ground to ground method and that didn’t work needing to see how I can utilize the relay to activate and send the ground to input 10.

More
25 May 2021 03:08 #210177 by TexasCNC
Any suggestion or people that have the thermal dynamics plasma with interface card on how they are hooking up their arc ok signal to the Mesa board? Or maybe I can switch to mode 0 and see if that works?

More
25 May 2021 04:11 #210180 by PCW
The normal Thermal Dynamics Arc-OK output is just a relay contact so
If the 7I96 input common is ground, then the connections should be

+24V --> Plasma pin 12
Plasma pin14 --> 7I96 input
24V common (negative) --> 7I96 input common

If you have noise with this setup, you either need to make the
debounce time longer or add a small capacitor across the
7I96 input common to arc-OK input.

You should read close to 0V at the 7I96 input if no arc is
established and close to 24V when the arc is present
(relative to input common)

More
25 May 2021 05:04 #210183 by TexasCNC
According to thermal dynamics they said that the pins 12 and 14 were common pins or pass through whatever you put on pin12 your going to get on 14. So right now I have hooked up like you have above and I am reading 24v on input pin on board. And the led does not flicker but as soon as I hook up the ground clamp it flickers same with float switch and breakaway switch. Which are on my inputs there on board. Ground clamp is not grounded on table then when float switch activates the arc ok led starts flickering. Same with breakaway. Phill tried to help me with the debounce and that didn’t help. I am thinking that there has to be another way to feed it arc ok through somewhere else rather than front the interface card.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds